Nate Oliver

Only just noticed this as I've been off the board for 2 weeks. Such sad news :-(

My thoughts are with his family, RIP Nate.

Unfortunately I never got to know Nate, but he always seemed to be a wonderful, cheerful guy in posts I've seen from him and had a knowledge of Excel (and Access) I can only ever dream of.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
The void that Nate will leave in the online Excel world will be huge. I never had the honour of meeting Nate in real life but I'm pretty sure that the real life void will be just as big. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Nate.

****, just read about this on the techguy forum. Thoughts are with his family and friends.
Rest easy mate.

Very late posting I am so sorry for that, many here will know me and it is great to read all the posts with such great people I know saying all about Nate, this is about Nate

I Have not been around here hardly at all for a very long time, years back Nate was massive on here, Excel and then moving into Access – It is true to say Nate and I never really saw eye to eye in fact often fought as I did with loads of MrExcel MVPs at the time

Two things I will never forget about Nate. His overwhelming skills ability to help others with such willingness and for me the best one ‘them Jammie Dodgers biscuits’ I believe he loved eating or then again? Nate I recall used to posts saying he just can’t decide, great memory that. Shows Nates witty ability and fun side that You see it the photograph’s so kindly posted in this feed and of cause You can’t miss that smile

Often we say the kindest things and I have shared bits that have stuck with me for many years. I never met Nate. I do however know some Microsoft MVPs and they all speak highly of Nate even just a couple of days ago when a MVPs friend I telephoned told me of the news re Nate I shared the Jammie Dodgers story with fun

Nates his work (posts) will be here for every on the internet and will always remind us of his kind work for others

I do not run over here much these days,, so have missed so much in say 5 years maybe 7 now.. You guys saw Nate and watched him develop. This is the kind of person that cannot be replaced, recall fondly just like I did re Nates whit and jammie dogers post,,,,,,, great kind helpful man, sadly we never quite saw eye to eye on just about anything

Good man Nate, no one can say different, rest now and if you know just one thing?

Millions are better off because of You and that is why You smile just as much as You did

Nice to see you, Jack! It's sure been a while, and it's nice to see you post, even under sihtty circumstances like this.

We'll make sure to raise a pint to Nate in your name in Redmond this month. :) I know he'd appreciate it, as he would your comments.

Take care,

Hey Smitty, cheers buddy nice to see the names in this feed like You said not the best of topics

Be nice chap to remember Nate in that way, sure Use my name be few present I will be known to

Since I meet the Americans (MVPs) couple years back in Central London after their M$ Presentation and visiting Reading M$ House in the UK for talks / presentations. Things are a lot better and maybe I should visit forums more, post help to others. I guess knowing people makes all the difference and reading these posts Nates friends are posting in all the places he haunted and hung out.

I do post on other forums, and I will share time here as well ..

Take care chap and speak soon

jiuk

Just came across NateO's old post...and below his name I saw "Legend". Its a fitting tribute :bow:.

Man, I'm really sorry to read this.
Nate, (along with Tom and Juan) were the first ones to jump in and help me when I joined the board. Didn't know anyone then so, at the time I didn't realize I was getting help from the best there was.

Thanks for the pictures Tom.
However Nate went, I hope he was comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back