mulitple conditions in a formula

GeekMan

hi all

I hope I can make this clear...

I have a range of data in a drop down box that enters into column G, then generates a vlookup for column K of N or R or blank. However if column R has data = YES then column K must = N and I have worked a formula for this, BUT if one particular piece of data (one of the same incident) in column G is there then column K must stay blank even if column R = yes.

I have got an if formula that works if the G data (one of the same) and the R data (YES) are the same but that overides the ability to force the K column to N for all other data.

I essentially have to have a formula that allows multiple conditions is that right?

happy to upload the sheet if it helps

cheers:eek:

getting close

your formula when entered had errors but got this to run without them

=IF(AND(R32="Yes",G32="ONE OF THE SAME INCIDENT"),"N/A",IF(G32<>"ONE OF THE SAME INCIDENT",VLOOKUP(G32,Data!$A$4:$G$54,5,0),IF(R32="Yes","N")))

but it does not do the force N into column K if column R = YES

sorry if my corrections have ruined the logic of your formula

Can there be any other conditions in G column? Looking with fresh eyes, the floor in the formula is that when it looks at G and it doesnt see "ONE OF THE SAME INCIDENT" it will always go to the lookup and miss the that last if condition. So if it was to look for something else other than "ONE OF THE SAME INCIDENT" then it will then look at the last IF>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
yes g column has a range of options such as minor fire as in the example. some of these generate an N and some an R in the K column... I have put a fix in for now in the R column where it looks at G column and if it sees ONE OF THE SAME INCIDENT it puts a ### null entry into K column.. the only thing there is this column has drop down validation so I cant protect the formula there. any other ideas let me know... appreciate the time... cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back