MrExcel #1 on Top 10 List...

Anyone want to place bets on how long the current Excel MVP lead will last?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Let's not do that bet, I feel bad for my friends at Microsoft right now, tough times...

Just to repro, you can tie this to any Forms Text Box (Shapes), in any version of Excel, 2007, XP, etc...

Code:
Sub foo()
MsgBox "Name: " & _
    ActiveSheet.TextBoxes(Application.Caller).Name
End Sub
I admit, I leveraged this off the master, Monsieur Laurent Longre. :)

To be fair didn't I only say I didn't *think* it was possible? I provided a reasonable alternative too ;-) And if said person was using an ActiveX control, I'd have been right :nya:

But it is a cool way to do it Nate :bow:

I'm just teasing you, Richard - because it's fun. :biggrin:

Your response was a good one, mine was irresponsible, guessing they might be using Shapes, it happened to be the case.

I'm not all bad, I did drag you down for a round when you got into Seattle... :)

The excel site that inspires me the most is definitely http://www.xcelfiles.com/ by Ivan F Moala. Strange that noone mentioned it on this thread :confused:

Among other nice things, It has some really amazing Win32 programming stuff elegantly adapted to Excel - I've never found anything similar on the net or otherwise and i certainly have learnt a lot from it.

Regards.

The excel site that inspires me the most is definitely http://www.xcelfiles.com/ by Ivan F Moala. Strange that noone mentioned it on this thread
Among other nice things, It has some really amazing Win32 programming stuff elegantly adapted to Excel - I've never found anything similar on the net or otherwise and i certainly have learnt a lot from it.
Regards.
LOL. Jaarar, it would have surprised me had you said anything else! :grin: You and Ivan sort of feed off of each other anyway. As far as the Win API stuff, there's only a handful of members like the Toms (Urtis & Schreiner), Haluk and maybe Nate that can keep up with you lads on that particular branch of wizardry. But yes, Ivan's site has some really amazing stuff.

Oh and "howdy!" to our friend, Patrick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back