Mr. Excel privacy concerns...

NdNoviceHlp said:
I'm still concerned after reading the post "Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!It's due tomorro!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 " of yesterday (please use search...sorry don't know how to paste location...if someone wants to clue me in I'd appreciate it). The OP was to say the least rude, however it is Ivan's post that I'm most concerned with as perhaps Mr Excel should also be concerned re. liability. For us niave computer users, how did Ivan get the OP's IP, address etc. and was it really necessary to post it? Ivan is a great resource and his help has very much been appreciated by myself in the past. I agree the OP deserved this suitable "punishment" however I'm just wondering if my personal information is going to be posted (or sold) someday by the good folks @ Mr Excel.com? (not that I'm planning on being offensive). I believe this is a legitimate concern and I will appreciate any comments or feedback. Dave.

Hi NdNoviceHlp (Dave) and anyone else concerned.
Your concerns are legitamate.
Getting the Ip address is easy with the right tools. As far as posting it, I did it to :eek: WARN HIM and ANY OTHERS off about abusive posts, NOT TO ME, as I don't care BUT to others. As far as getting OP IP info etc, NO, I doubt anyone here @ MrExcel would post such info with out the OPs consent.
You are right in that it should be removed NOW and Kristy has edited this post.

For the Record, and I do feel embarassed :oops:
My response to the OP WAS legit in that I took his Hurry as his signature :) and was NOT been smart.

Legit posters (such as yourself, Dave) have NOTHING to worry about RE: private material being posted.

Thank U's for your responses, insights, and re-assurances. This is a great site which I intend to continue to visit, learn XL, and occassionally participate. I agree with Kristy's actions and hope that I haven't p'd off anyone involved in the original thread. Dave
ps. the copy and paste URL's doesn't seem to work for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back