Mr Excel logs me out so soon!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
i think web browser modes can be limited, the theory being your not tracked for advertising

... OK, thanks, I will go off and try that.....

OK. Google Chrome "Normal mode". settings set to invisible mode.. I had to log in to Reply here...

.. I do not appear in the Currently Active Users' lists.....

Thanks, mole,
. Learnt something that may be useful sometime. Currently i am happy for everyone to know I am "here" ( at least for the short time before on my current computer , browser, etc. etc.. I get logged out...
:)

. (Unofficially I think they also tolerate people logging in as a new member each time with a new made up E-mail and made up name, to get the members quota up.. – Even though officially it is strictly not allowed!!!! )

No, we really don't. If we are aware of it, we will merge duplicated accounts together - except in the case of someone trying to get round a ban in which case they will get banned again. ;)

In any event, if you check the Remember me box when logging in, you shouldn't have this issue of being logged out.

In any event, if you check the Remember me box when logging in, you shouldn't have this issue of being logged out.
That may not always be the case... or it just may be my computer. I am using Windows 8.1 and for some reason, Internet Explorer in the normal Windows desktop side of things stopped working (my installed software, such as Norton 360, has no trouble reaching the web, but IE cannot anymore). I know I need to reinstall the operating system, but I am waiting until Windows 10 is released. Anyway, the Internet Explorer on the tablet side of Windows 8.1 does work correctly... on it, however, your "Remember me" box does nothing... even when checked, your forum logs me out periodically. Now, this could just be because of my screwed up computer, but I thought I would mention it in case it has some significance.

if you turn Norton off, can you access the web again, really fun when stuff like that happens, good job i prefer firefox

That may not always be the case... or it just may be my computer. .......

. It certainly does seem to be a Variant. Dependant on many factors. Boards using similar vBulletin software have Threads with similar issues. I once read where the continuing being logged out lead one very long term and valuable member to give up posting there. There appear to be just general things coming out
. On Average checking the Remember me box helps
. On average the problems seem to be browser computer dependant with the “newer” ones giving less problems. But I stress it is average, - I for example in my old IE 8 and IE 9 on old Notebooks are never logged out if I am using them.. On my newest Computer with Google Chrome I fight continuously with a very short time out and am usually logged out as soon as I do anything like replying or test in the Test Area. So am endlessly having to re-log in. The problem came up in more Threads here than I should reference again!
. I could not “function”” as people like you do answering so many Threads in this situation

Alan

P.s. @ Rick,
. You seem to be one person that is often shown for very long periods as an “Currently Active User” , suggesting you are logged in for long periods.

Doc, if you use i.e. have you tried compatibility mode (for older web pages)

Doc, if you use i.e. have you tried compatibility mode (for older web pages)

Hi,
. Thanks for replying.
. I am afraid the answer you might guess is that I do not quite know what that is or how I do it.
. At the moment I have no problem with my Old IE 8 and IE 9 . (Other than they are getting increasingly slower..?!! )
. However, as I tend to keep my old stuff a bit long, sounds like somehow being able to check / alter it’s compatibility mode to suit something a bit too old could be useful.
. If it is not too difficult, could you explain what exactly you mean and how to do it. ( I think something like this did come up in another Forum, and a chap ( also here, Kyle123 ) said something along what I think you are saying in another Thread where this Log in / Log out Theme was discussed. )

. so if you could give some further explanation, it could be a useful addition to this Thread for me or anyone else to reference in the future when , once again, this theme comes up
. Thanks
. Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFromAustin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back