Mr Excel HimSelf Is BANNED from Youtube!?

jgthtrotih

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Last edited:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Very odd!!

Its got to be a mistake surely?

I watched a lot of those videos and couldnt see anything wrong with them???

PaulGroom,

Its got to be! i read over the "policy" and it says videos cant contain P**N,animal abuse.. ETC...and i didnt see any of that!..although..youtube was hacked on christmas day..and that is the day his account got deleted!?!?!..hope this will be sorted out and all will be well again!

Thanks!

Sometimes these sites just do this stuff and then get on the high horse when you protest. I read of a guy who used PayPal; he ran a successful marketing campaign and heaps of people went to his site. PP saw a spike in activity with his account, assumed that it was suspicious and, without trying to contact him, froze the account for 6 months. :huh:

Denis

SydneyGeek,

It's a bunch of BULL!!!...i think youtube has nothing to do so they'll just go pick on the little guy...i mean "Mr Excel" shouldnt have gotten ban! he fallowed all the rules and regulations..nothing is (was) wrong with his account...there are THOUSANDS of p**n,abuse,bomb making, etc..type videos on youtube and they have been on there for YEARS!...so i think youtube just picking on him because they can and there's really isn't anything he can do..what is your take on it?

Thanks!

I think it's to do with advertising his books and stuff on there......they like paid for that kinda stuff and maybe mentioning it so often in his youtube blogs irked them as they didn't sanction free advertising.....just a guess though

I agree -- it's definitely BULL.

I was just trying to point out that these guys can and do make arbitrary decisions, and then pretend that they hold the moral high ground and the banned person should have known better. It sucks.

Denis

I think it's to do with advertising his books and stuff on there......they like paid for that kinda stuff and maybe mentioning it so often in his youtube blogs irked them as they didn't sanction free advertising.....just a guess though

If you do a search for "commercial" on their site, all of those companies are paying for their videos to be hosted?

I'm just guessing so maybe it's nothing to do with it. Their T&C makes mention of direct advertising though. Mr Excel is very sucsessful, and (rightly so in my opinion) mentions his books and seminars fairly regularly. A wonderful learning resource.

I guess in most xases the "comercials" you mention are mostly clips posted by other people sending up or showing a particularly funny Ad and not by the companies themselves. I still get the podcasts from I-Tunes, so we're not losing Mr Excel altogether!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back