Movie quiz!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Having wasted waaay more time than than I probably should have I'm up to 30/50.
I did have to check the spelling of a few movies. I'm going to claim that not being a native English-speaker and not living in the US I'm entitled to... :stickouttounge:

And there's a few I just can't put my finger on, I sorta think I know them but... gah.

I made it up to 39 before I quit for the night. And some of those were ones I had been staring at all night then all of a sudden it just popped in my head, resulting in a huge "oh, DUH" moment. :)

I'll have to give it another go tonight. Thankfully it will save your spot (though it stinks that you have to feed it an e-mail to do so...)

Nope, but the point is still there. I just gave it one of my 'crap' email addresses I have lying around for things like that :)

Very addictive quiz though! :)

Maybe there should be a thread for "Crap" e-mail addresses we all have hanging around for such purposes.

I usually make 'em up on the fly, I used UpYers@hotmail.com for this little quiz.

Amazing how many will take 1 at 2 dot 3. You should at least use regex to verify it validates the RFC

...validates the RFC

Rician Fading Channel or Russian Family Code?

<TABLE class=AcrFinder id=AcrFinder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH>Acronym</TH><TH>Definition</TH></TR><TR cat="7"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request For Comment</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rugby Football Club</TD></TR><TR cat="32"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>River Forecast Center</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Remote Function Call</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Royal Flying Corps (now RAF)</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RfC</TD><TD>Reference Concentration</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request For Change</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Residual Functional Capacity (disability assessment)</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reconstruction Finance Corporation</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Registro Federal de Contribuyentes</TD></TR><TR cat="80"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Registered Financial Consultant (IARFC)</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reading Football Club</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reason For Change</TD></TR><TR cat="20"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Clarification</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Residential Funding Corporation</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rosenberg Fund for Children</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rangers Football Club (Glasgow, Scotland)</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Regenerative Fuel Cell</TD></TR><TR cat="32"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Run for Cover</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Response for A Class (coupling metric)</TD></TR><TR cat="32"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>RageFire Chasm (gaming, World of Warcraft)</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Richmond Football Club</TD></TR><TR cat="0"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Contract</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radio Frequency Choke (inductor)</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Remote Field Controller</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Return for Credit</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Retirement for Cause</TD></TR><TR cat="32"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Real Fighting Championships</TD></TR><TR cat="14"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Capabilities</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Check</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Regional Financial Center</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Communication</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Resources for Families and Communities (San Jose, CA)</TD></TR><TR cat="12"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Remote Feature Control</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Refractivity from Clutter</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rayleigh Fading Channel</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Cross (finance/investing)</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Conformity</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>response force commander (US DoD)</TD></TR><TR cat="10"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radio Frequency Control</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Commands</TD></TR><TR cat="76"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Release For Construction</TD></TR><TR cat="16"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rochdale Football Club</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radar Final Control</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rician Fading Channel</TD></TR><TR cat="68"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Request for Commitment</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Response Set for Class</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reference Exposure Concentration</TD></TR><TR cat="20"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radnor Fire Company (Wayne, Pennsylvania)</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reconnaissance Fire Complex</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Ring Final Circuit</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Refrigerant Flow Control</TD></TR><TR cat="72"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Roll Feed Controller</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Returned For Corrections</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rotary Fluid Coupler</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radio Frequency Cabinet</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Radial Final Circuit</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Representation Fund Custodian (US Army)</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Response Flow Checklist</TD></TR><TR cat="2"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reconfigurable Functional Cache</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rapidly-Fading Channel</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Response Flow Chart</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rocky Flats Control (number)</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Russian Family Code</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Required Flow Capacity (road/traffic management)</TD></TR><TR cat="64"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Revised for Construction</TD></TR><TR cat="0"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Required Functional Capability</TD></TR><TR cat="4"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Reserve Forces Course</TD></TR><TR cat="8"><TD class=acr>RFC</TD><TD>Rituximab, Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide (chemotherapy regimen)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Alphabetspeak really annoys me, and it's really annoying when you ask the perpetrator what it stands for and they make out like you're stupid for not knowing. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I remember a conversation with term LRM regarding companies like General Electric and Westinghouse. Turns out it was Large Rotating Machines. I just checked, and that's not in any of the online acronym dictionaries. <o:p></o:p>
People make them up as they go and treat you like an idiot if you can't figure it out.<o:p></o:p>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back