Most Valuable Professional

NateO said:
Yes, see me my edit, I originally missed your contribution. And as I thought about it, simply flipping l to m doesn't necessarily follow, I had over simplified the issue. But a truly logical combination would be a pure inverse, where it would be more likely than the other group which is less likely, i.e.,

AAMOTGOPWADTCMMCTAAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI

Well, although you now seem to be acquiring some understanding of the logic involved, I think you are perhaps trying to make it a bit more complicated than necessary.
Try to step back and take a more detached view of the problem - I think "out of the box" is the current cliche for this.

Yes, I think I'm following you, and perhaps I am making this a touch more complicated than it need be. I'm just trying to picture this as a pie chart where you account for 100% of the idiots, as you're referring to everyone. So if I take the first group of idiots, I account for the remaining percentage of idiots by making the logic circular (a pie chart is indeed a circle (for idiots reading this crap who aren't following me) :) ) by referring back to the original group. This binds tighter for me personally. Your second grouping forces me to make a logical leap and infer which group of idiots your reference implies. If I were to take the second title literally, I could include the North Korean government, who are not necessarily (although they might be (please don't nuke me :) )) part the group we are intending to include. This could actually cause double counting with respect the first group pending your inference of idiots and interpretation of clout. Another potential solution perhaps would be to take the second title and tack on, and who haven't be accounted for otherwise. Besides, if we're all idiots, then why not simply spell it out explicitly for everyone. :)

Yes, that more or less sums it up.

But I still don't like your suggestion of tacking two different titles together to make one.

Your suggestion produced a shortened version of AAMOTGOPWADTCMMCTAAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI which is far too long and meandering. Basically, it lacks impact.

My suggestion of AAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI is succint, easy to remember and loses none of the advantages of the overall proposal.

The North Korean government would, of course, only be entitled to inclusion if it were to post to the MrExcel board (perhaps it has already under a pseudonym?).
If you deem it advisable to include in the title a specific reference to the North Korean government, then TDPROK could no doubt be fitted in somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back