Moderators - job description?

Ponsonby,

Pleased to read that You got Mr Nate attention - although I sometime suspect that he tag my post :wink:

Another thing You seems to be in urgent nedd of to know - Never ask personal questions in public - that´s why we have the possibility to send PM to each other :)

Rumour says that You´ve been trying to use the PM-function but apparently You have the bad habit to express Yourself less elegant or more primitive. Is that the way You trying to get friends on the net?

However, since You´re not on my buddylist You propably never receive any answer from me - that´s why there exist a delete-button :p

Well, Ponsonby - I guess that above end today lesson in class of "Being on the net with friends and no friends".

Have a nice sunday in UK :)

Warm regards from a cold city,
Dennis

XL-Dennis

You've completely missed it.

The point was that Juan Pablo G. posted some ****ty comment publicly and then locked the thread so that nobody had the opportunity to respond.

It's not about responding privately.
Juan Pablo G. made his ****ty comment publicly, so should afford the opportunity for responses to be made publicly.

Whether or not you consider it reasonable for the thread to have been be locked (actually, I think it should have been locked a lot earlier), having decided to do so, he could and should have kept his ****ty comment to himself.

Also, I fail to understand the intention of your comment "Another thing You seems to be in urgent nedd of to know - Never ask personal questions in public"

Neither in the thread that was locked nor in the thread that was deleted did I ask any qustions.
In this thread, I have asked only two questions :-

"What exactly are the functions of the moderators on this board?"

and

"Are you feeling OK?"

Only the latter question qualifies as a personal question, and you have chosen not to respond to it anyway. (Perhaps I should have asked it privately?)

EDIT : I note that you've made no progress in trying to work out who I am. It is certainly taking a very long time.
This message was edited by Ponsonby on 2003-01-26 07:01

That is funny!

On 2003-01-25 20:14, XL-Dennis wrote:
LMFAO :biggrin:

Yes, free speech allow us to ask stupid questions and also give stupid answers to stupid questions

{snip}

include stupid answers to Your stupid questions ...and that is stupid :wink:

Ponsonby,

Are You upset - :confused:

****ty comments? Well, Your last post in that thread was really ****ty (to use Your term) and what do You expect to get in return? Applauds :confused:

I note that you've made no progress in trying to work out who I am. It is certainly taking a very long time.

Uh? Why should I try to figure out who You really are? Is this a disappointment for You?

Time for next lesson:
It is quite usual that we use alias and also faked names on the internet. The focus is set on the cases/issues and not the persons involved.

The bottom line:
I don´t care who You are and why You here on this board and I will not take any notice if You disappear or raise the number of questions / answers by 1000 % - it´s up to You.

---------------------

Tushar - You´re a clever man and I thought our friend Ponsonby would take his time to find out what You did and the "logical turnover" the last words made - LOL :)

---------------------

Warm regards from a cold city of Östersund,

Dennis

On 2003-01-26 06:52, Ponsonby wrote:
{snip}
EDIT : I note that you've made no progress in trying to work out who I am. It is certainly taking a very long time.
{snip}
When coupled with a previous quote "If you post to a public forum, you'd better be prepared to be questioned publicly (unless, of course, you're a member of the Bush administration). " there can be but one conclusion...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

That's right...

The one and only...

The Main Man Himself...

The...haven't you guessed already...

The Inventor of the Internet!!!!

{clap, clap, clap}

{loud roar of approval}

Yea! Yea! Yea!

Al Gore? :LOL:

If Plato were alive today, I'm sure he would be pleased to know that he has your support.

Well, that wasn't really the point, but a nice thought. :wink:

If you post to a public forum, you'd better be prepared to be questioned publicly (unless, of course, you're a member of the Bush administration).

Agreed, merely stating my personal preference. Can't always get what you want....

Have a good one!

This message was edited by NateO on 2003-01-26 14:35

On 2003-01-26 08:47, tusharm wrote:
On 2003-01-26 06:52, Ponsonby wrote:
{snip}
{snip}
When coupled with a previous quote "If you post to a public forum, you'd better be prepared to be questioned publicly (unless, of course, you're a member of the Bush administration). " there can be but one conclusion...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

That's right...

The one and only...

The Main Man Himself...

The...haven't you guessed already...

The Inventor of the Internet!!!!

{clap, clap, clap}

{loud roar of approval}

Yea! Yea! Yea!

Well done! You got in in one.

Well, unless I've been caught up in a time warp and missed something, it was Al Gore while serving as Vice Pres. w/ the Clinton administration that was "acused" by the media to have invented the Internet.

James

hehehe :LOL:

Thanks for giving me something to kill the last 30 minutes of my day...

btw, which is better, helping a student do their homework (which costs them money...lots), or helping a graduate do their office-work (which makes them money)?

And aren't we all students?

discuss...

btw, which is better, helping a student do their homework (which costs them money...lots), or helping a graduate do their office-work (which makes them money)?

or option 3:- Hacking a free message board to celebrate Chinese New Year. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back