Missing or broken Reference

daknight

I am preparing to release an application and have asked a few users to test it first. I am sending the file zipped and asking that they install it local. When they open the application they are getting an error message:
Your Microsoft Office Access datbase or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file'olch2xu8.ocx' version 8.0. To ensure that your database works properly, you must fix this reference.'
I have reports and forms in the application that include text boxes that pull user inputs such as a date ranges so that information appears on the objects. The users are opening these objects and there is a '#NAME?#" error where the dates should be, so I think this missing reference is connected to that somehow. When I look on the users PC, they do not have the file 'olch2xu8.ocx' in their bin folder, but I do. Anyone know why that would be and how do I fix this??? Thank You!! :pray:
Darla

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Are you using some non-standard control on your forms?

Upvote 0
Can you give me some examples? I do have a few graphics but they are imbedded and not linked. I have our company logo on the reports. And I used a small graphic of a chart icon that runs a macro 'on click'. Other than that, I don't think I have anything non-standard. But I might and just not know it! Would that cause the dates to show up when I use the application on my machine but NOT when I or others access it from different PCs?

Upvote 0
I think your problem might be with the chart icon.

I Googled 'olch2xu8.ocx' and only got 3 results.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back