Hyperlink - Functionality lost when sheet saved as new workbook

Nutters_Inc

Hyperlinks are clearly not working for me, looking for some direction.

I have an Excel tracker I use for material purchases.

The file has headers of key dates of events, some are document names. Each row relates to a individual material request.

To track all documents, I have created hyperlink to SharePoint (that act as repository for the document storage.)

This gives me a one stop solution for tracking all requests.

Some of this information is sensitive, while others would be suitable for general use.

The information now available is empowering staff to improve efficiencies by tracking live progress of materials and aligning these up to labour required to use the materials.

This is new tracker for the business and I’m starting to feel the pain of getting too many requests for updates.

What I would like to do is to pull out a simplified set of the date, void of the sensitive details and make available for all. For this to be self-refreshing and therefore linked to live details. End users still need to be able to search and/or re-sort the data to meet their requirements.

Such a simple process. All working fine. My stumbling issues is around the hyperlinks. Can not find a solution that maintains them.

Having looked online for a solution, clearly, I'm not able to ask the right question, as all answers found so far are not able to give me a solution for how to code the hyperlinks from details held within another workbook. Think I'm missing something basic but vital. Would appreciate anyone suggestions of a fix.
Stay safe.

sorry typo
Thanks for the reply. In OrderRequests!AA51 is a date, with a hyperlink to the delivery document.
Yes I have used a UDF, as below.
Function GetURL(cell As Range) As String
GetURL = cell.Hyperlinks(1).Address
End Function
Am using Microsoft365
Function URL(cell As Range) As String
URL = cell.Hyperlinks(1).Address
End Function

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCL_Playz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back