Message Board web page problem?

Or Firefox :biggrin:

Firefox is nice, however these forums don't play nicely with it. You have to use the workaround I posted last year to fix a lot of issues, which effectively forces Firefox to render under the Internet Explorer engine.

But I agree, for all intents and purposes, Firefox > IE hands down. ;)

Just to be fair to Firefox, I've not encountered problems on this forum while using it. But I don't mean to imply that Chrome isn't as good. Well - actually I did, but in jest. I'm very happy with FF so need to switch for me. I also use NoScript which is a super FF plugin.

In case someone is still monitoring this post or still investigating ....

I am still getting the problem from time to time but often after a period of time, in the same session, the problem changes. No longer does the page scroll to the bottom but, instead, I have to click the back button TWICE to get back to the previous page.
After the first click, that does nothing, if I use the drop-down arrow to look at 'Recent Pages' I will see something like:
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
or "http://www-uptime.com/icons/index"
or something to to with 'Adserver'.
The second-click then takes me back past that 'Recent Page' that is not displayed.

are you using a mobile browser when you get the uptime.com issue? we don't have an adserver running and looking online, posts point to "crackberry"

No, I was using my work laptop (during my lunch break!) so was on a wired (BT)connection.
That was using IE8.
It is not a big problem as I would be able to use Firefox or Chrome at home - but I wanted to record the observation in case it answers any questions regarding the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back