Macro won't save in Excel 2013

Celtic1984

Can anyone help me? I've attempted several times without success to save a macro, once I've finished the recording. I did save the files as 'xlsm' or as a macro-enabled worksheet. I am using a new computer, windows 10. Not sure if that is a factor. I do know that when I saved the macro, I did not see "personal workbook' as an option. In the past, I've seen a workbook that opens in the background while I'm running a macro. Do I need to make a setting adjustment in Excel? And finally, I've read on older threads of saving the file as 'PERSONAL.XSLB' Binary Workbook. Not sure if this pertains to me. Appreciate the help, in advance. Mike

Would you like me to attach a workbook, to view personally?
I expect it is an evironmental, version, or system setting on your side, so I don't think that will help.
But I don't think you could do that anyway. What exactly would you be attaching? The Personal Macro Workbook is tied to your account on your computer.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
It would simply be the file I'm attempting to run the macro on. I'll reach out to another resource that may be able to shed some light here. Thank you for the suggestions. Enjoy your day. Mike

Upvote 0
It would simply be the file I'm attempting to run the macro on
Since it sounds like the issue you are having is with your Personal Macro Workbook, attaching that file wouldn't really help.

Best of luck. If you do figure it out, please come back and post the resolution here for the two reasons:
1. I am curious
2. In case anyone else has the same issue, they can see how to fix it

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattiButche

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back