macro to compare 2 different lists and update what is missing

alex2011

Hi,I would like to ask if there is one way to compare macro 2 different lists and update what is missing, something like the following post
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...-compare-move-data-one-worksheet-another.html
which works nice, but I have a special need, column A = number of projects, column B = description, column C = available for notes. I would appreciate if someone can help with this, thanks in advance
298.png

Hi hiker95

Thank you very much for the time that you took to think about the code to make this happen. The code makes exactly what is in the 3 cases that I gave you. I was just
playing with the sheets and I noticed that I did not explain very well the situation, so that was my bad.
I think the only thing to make this work as I'm needing is to compare 2 sheets (sheet1 is gonna be the one that has the newest and accurate information), and be able
to identify what was removed and/or added, not only comparing the number of rows.

for instance in the next screenshoot show how I have:

1. same project number in both sheets, but I need the value from sheet1 (the value from the database system)

2. projects that I has in sheet2 (my tracking), but are not anymore in sheet1 (database), and I need to identify that and to call the person responsible why he deleted
that from the database.

3. projects that are in sheet1 (database), but I dont have that in sheet2 (my tracking), and I need to call the person, and ask why he added a new one, and did not
tell me that he is starting a new project

I hope I'm not complicating things nd I really say thanks for your cooperation

Excel 2012
ABC
11A1
22A2
33A3
44A4
55A5
66A6

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

Excel 2012
ABC
11A1234 NOTE THAT IS OTHER VALUE
28A8
39A9
410A10
511A11

</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet2

Excel 2012
ABC
11A1
22A2this was in Sheet1, but not in Sheet2
33A3this was in Sheet1, but not in Sheet2
44A4this was in Sheet1, but not in Sheet2
55A5this was in Sheet1, but not in Sheet2
66A6this was in Sheet1, but not in Sheet2
78A8this was in Sheet2, but not in Sheet1
89A9this was in Sheet2, but not in Sheet1
910A10this was in Sheet2, but not in Sheet1
1011A11this was in Sheet2, but not in Sheet1

</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
alex2011,

It is always best to display your actual raw data worksheet(s), and, the results that you are looking for. This way we can usually find a solution on the first go.

You have now changed what you require several times, and, we still have not seen the actual raw data.

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the thread. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0
Hi hiker95, the code that you made helped me to understand the logic of how to interact with different sheets and copy and paste values from one sheet to another. sheet1 = master data base, sheet2 = my tracking With that logic I just copied all projects from sheet1 to sheet3, and all projects from sheet2 to sheet 3, then in sheet3.In sheet 3 I'm putting if the data come from data base or from tracking in other column. If I have the same project, I just copied the comments that I had in my tracking with another macro looking for duplicates and making copy and paste. Finally I just sort the data and delete the duplicated (which are the projects from my tracking, because the newest data come from the database). So I finish what I was looking for, and I want to thank you for your support and dedication to help people with basic knowledge in excel. You are very talented. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
alex2011,

I want to thank you for your support and dedication to help people with basic knowledge in excel.

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad you were able to find a solution.

And, come back anytime.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back