Macro for mailing reports

CaseP

Hi all,
I've got 23 reports, all in their separate xl-files, each named with a number corresponding to a person, and each one mailed to the corresponding person.

The files are named 1.xls, 2.xls, etc. I have a table of mail-addresses corresponding to the report name/numbers:

A.. B
1 mrD@company.com
2 mrC@company.com
etc..

I would appreciate some ideas on how to write the macro to pick the reports one by one (so far it's still clear) from the same folder, find the corresponding email address, and mail the report. This is probably quite basic, but as I've never written a macro that uses e-mail features.. :oops: well, I'd sure appreciate some advice.

Thanks a lot,
CaseP

The concensus here is that Lotus Notes SUCKS!

We're hamstrung into using it because IBM is our parent company's biggest customer. They "informed" us that if we were going to maintain their customer information then we were **** well going to use their software. :evil:

You think they gave us a break on multi-unit licenses? NOTACHANCE!

Now I will admit that from a security standpoint it does have Outlook beat, but it's just not user-friendly.

Smitty

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
As I'm sure everyone is aware Ron De Bruin is an excellent source for Excel/mail solutions however it uses the sendmail solution and (as he says on the site himself) "The code is tested in Outlook and Outlook Express, It may or may not work with other email clients."

Anyway - may be useful as some background (or get people to use Outlook or OE?)

Upvote 0
Iridium -

Yes, I came across my colleague Ron's name when I searched to forum. He has a huge amount of information, and I plan to steal some of it. I mean borrow, of course.

And I don't think putting Einstein's name in parentheses is really hiding it sufficiently!

- Jon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall813

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back