Macro- Delete 3 rows above and 14 below if cell contains text

ValiMandy

I would like a macro that will search for the following text phrases in column H and delete 3 rows above, the row the value is in and 14 rows after the value.

"Pallet 1 of 0"
"Pallet 2 of 0"
"Pallet 3 of 0"
"Pallet 2 of 1"
"Pallet 3 of 1"
"Pallet 3 of 2"

I have tried several codes and I am not sure what is the best way to approach this. I am still learning the basics of VBAs.

Thank you very much!

How about an example of your data ???

It's kind of a weird spreadsheet. There are a lot of blank rows for formatting purposes and such. This is printed and needs to look a certain way. All the data is pulled from other sheets. I want them to be able to click a button and it will delete any pages that are not being utilized. They have to do this often and can't waste time manually deleting sheets. I tried using formulas and auto filters to hide rows that aren't being used but it prints blank pages because I have the pages set up a specific way. The indirect formulas are because they need to be able to delete rows and columns and not affect the formulas. I'm completely self taught through experimentation so if this is terrible, sorry!

I'll do my best. :)

ABCDEFGH
1ORDER 1: PALLET 1IMAGECASE COUNT
2PO #=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L4")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L4"))PALLET: 1 OF=INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L6")=F2&G2
4=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B23")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B23"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C23")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C23"))
6=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B24")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B24"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C24")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C24"))
8=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B25")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B25"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C25")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C25"))
10=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B26")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B26"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C26")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C26"))
12=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B27")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B27"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C27")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C27"))
14=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B28")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B28"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C28")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C28"))
16=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B29")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B29"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C29")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C29"))
18=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B30")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B30"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C30")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C30"))
20=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B31")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B31"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C31")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C31"))
22=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B32")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!B32"))=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C32")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!C32"))
24=SUM(C4:C23)
TOTAL CASES ON PALLET

<tbody>
</tbody>
Count Performed By:

<tbody>
</tbody>
Count Verified By:

<tbody>
</tbody>
28ORDER 1: PALLET 2IMAGECASE COUNT
29PO #=IF(INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L4")="","",INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L4"))PALLET: 1 OF=INDIRECT("'Pallet Build'!L6")=F29&G29

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is how it appears (formulas calculated):

ABCDEFGH
1ORDER 1: PALLET 1IMAGECASE COUNT
2PO #123456-10PALLET: 1 OF1PALLET: 1 OF 1
420ITEM DESCRIPTION
615ITEM DESCRIPTION
830ITEM DESCRIPTION
1045ITEM DESCRIPTION
1210ITEM DESCRIPTION
145ITEM DESCRIPTION
1610ITEM DESCRIPTION
182ITEM DESCRIPTION
20100ITEM DESCRIPTION
2210ITEM DESCRIPTION
24247TOTAL CASES ON PALLET
26COUNT PERFORMED BY:
27COUNT VERIFIED BY:
28ORDER 1: PALLET 2IMAGECASE COUNT
29PO #123456-10PALLET: 2 OF1PALLET: 2 OF 1

<tbody>
</tbody>

So, rows 1:27 are page 1. Rows 28:54 are page 2. This repeats until row 3420. They pull information for everything that will be on Pallet 1, page 2 is for pallet 2, etc. There is the possibility that each order will have up to 6 pallets. All the information from another sheet needs pulled onto this sheet. If there are fewer than 6 pallets it needs to delete the pages for whatever excess pallets there are.

I apologize if this is too confusing. Maybe this will help. Maybe it won't. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Try this in the code:-
The previous code had an extra space in the string ("PALLET: 1 OF 0")
Was :- ("PALLET: (extra space here) 1 OF 0")
Hopefully that's the problem !!!!
Code:
Dic("PALLET: 1 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 2 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 2 OF 1") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 1") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 2") = Empty

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this in the code:-
The previous code had an extra space in the string ("PALLET: 1 OF 0")
Was :- ("PALLET: 1 OF 0")
Hopefully that's the problem !!!!
Code:
Dic("PALLET: 1 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 2 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 0") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 2 OF 1") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 1") = Empty
Dic("PALLET: 3 OF 2") = Empty

If only!! I fixed that. I tried copying and pasting the text directly from the sheet into the vba so it would match exactly. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this:-
Code:
For n = 3420 To 2 Step -1
If Range("H" & n) <> "" Then Stop
    If Dic.exists(Range("H" & n).Value) Then
       Range("A" & n).Offset(-1).Resize(27).EntireRow.Delete
 End If
Next n

Upvote 0
Try this:-
Code:
For n = 3420 To 2 Step -1
If Range("H" & n) <> "" Then Stop
    If Dic.exists(Range("H" & n).Value) Then
       Range("A" & n).Offset(-1).Resize(27).EntireRow.Delete
 End If
Next n

I get an error on the "STOP" part...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back