MACRO clearing out formula in Column E.

Livin404

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Mr. Excel Member Stephen Crump has helped me tremendously. I think the code I do have is somehow erasing the formula I have in Column E. The formula I have is.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($D2,'State Country Code'!$A$2:$B$10388,2,0),"").

The code I think may be changing the formula to a value is

VBA Code:
Sub Location()
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Range(Range("E2"), Range("E2").End(xlDown))
.Offset(, 1).Value = Evaluate("IF(LEN(" & .Address & ")=2," & .Address & ","""")")
.Value = Evaluate("IF(LEN(" & .Address & ")=3," & .Address & ","""")")
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I am so sorry for all of this.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
So you want the formula to fill E2:E & last row ??....instead of what @StephenCrump has provided ??

Upvote 0
Here is the relevant link, which will provide some context: Move or offset one space if certain criteria is met.

@Livin404, if you want to have formulae in columns E and F, you could try (using Excel 365):

VBA Code:
Sub Location()

Range("E2:E" & Range("D2").End(xlDown).Row).Formula2 = "=LET(v,VLOOKUP($D2,'State Country Code'!$A$2:$B$10388,2,0),TAKE(HSTACK(v,"""",v),,IF(LEN(v)=2,-2,2)))"

End Sub

Upvote 0
The macro that Mr. Crump provided looks at what is in Column E and if the cell consists of only two characters it moves those two characters over to the next Column F. Otherwise, the data remains in the cell. The formula I need to remain in place because it is a VLOOKUP, so the right data is used based on what is in Column D. I have a user form that I use which continually use to add data to my Database. Because the formula for VLOOKUP is changed to a value, any subsequent data in Column D will no longer be evaluated to see if the characters will or not be moved over to Column F.

Thank you,

Upvote 0
Here is the relevant link, which will provide some context: Move or offset one space if certain criteria is met.

@Livin404, if you want to have formulae in columns E and F, you could try (using Excel 365):

VBA Code:
Sub Location()

Range("E2:E" & Range("D2").End(xlDown).Row).Formula2 = "=LET(v,VLOOKUP($D2,'State Country Code'!$A$2:$B$10388,2,0),TAKE(HSTACK(v,"""",v),,IF(LEN(v)=2,-2,2)))"

End Sub
I have 365.

Upvote 0

VBA Code:
Sub Location()

End Sub
WOW that is amazing, and it solves a lot of my problems. The last thing I'm trying to work around is getting introduced while my "user form" is being activated. On the user form all my activation buttons are on my user form.

Can I put on the worksheet 1 which I named "ACTIVITY"?

I have one other code, on this sheet. I am thinking it maybe the best placed to keep it. I have module and those are macros for clearing, resetting, submit, save, and descend etc. My "call" macro is with the user form. I tried to put it a number of places.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim R As Range, CellRange As Range

Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Me.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Set CellRange = Me.Range("A2:D" & LastRow & ",F2:N" & LastRow)

If Not Application.Intersect(CellRange, Target) Is Nothing Then
        With CellRange
            .Font.Bold = False
            .Font.Size = 12
            .Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
        End With

Dim rngArea As Range

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        For Each rngArea In CellRange.Areas
            rngArea = Evaluate("=Upper(" & rngArea.Address & ")")
        Next rngArea
        Columns.AutoFit
        Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
The last thing I'm trying to work around is getting introduced while my "user form" is being activated. On the user form all my activation buttons are on my user form.

Can I put on the worksheet 1 which I named "ACTIVITY"?

I have one other code, on this sheet. I am thinking it maybe the best placed to keep it. I have module and those are macros for clearing, resetting, submit, save, and descend etc. My "call" macro is with the user form. I tried to put it a number of places.
This is a new subject, so I recommend you start another thread, with an appropriate title.

You should also post the relevant code, and be specific about what you're trying to do - your explanation above is quite vague.

Upvote 0
This is a new subject, so I recommend you start another thread, with an appropriate title.

You should also post the relevant code, and be specific about what you're trying to do - your explanation above is quite vague.
I got it and I apologize unreservedly. I'll work on it a bit more. Then I'll post if I need to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back