Lost TV Show 108 Minutes

Joe C

Okay I don't watch lost, but my bunk mate at work does an I was wondering to all the excel guru's..

It seems to me that 108 minutes is not divisible either by minutes into a day.

And using excel, I found that all the numbers of importance on the show(4+8+15+16+23+42). All seem to be involved with the fact that (27, 54, 81, 108) just would not be easy to set on a press it at this point of the day logic. You can get 27 54 81 and 108 with some addition of (4+8+15+16+23+42).

So I was thinking that the guy on the island had to quickly fix a failsafe for some magnetic force thingie, and had to use excel.
Only for some reason with PC and excells inability to go past certain decimal point it wound up having to push a button!!!

What do you guys think.
Sorry about the spelling didn't have time to check.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Actually to further go on. What if two areas different sides of the islands wrote failsafes for the machine. One wrote it based on days and the other wrote it based on minutes(108) he was hindu. Then there was an accident and only one computer could send the signal. But one computer could not do both calculations because they are not harmonisis.

Ummm...Nice question...Is LOST one of those reality shows?

Smitty

All I get to see is Sesamee Street, Teletubbies, etc. Darn 2-year olds ;)

No Lost it is a show where these people are stranded on an island. I actually don't know to much about it except that it has basically ruined the guy a share my office withs life.
Every 108 minutesy have to press a button, but they don't know why.
Their plane crashed. And it seems to have been downhill for them since.
Actually he was showing me today the show actually has dummy websites about the imaginary company. I just borrowed seaso one on disc so I just have to convince my wife to watch now.

Smitty

Oh, you poor man :nya: (Edit: Good lord. Campbell's *two* already?)

No, it's not a reality show. It's a SHOW-show. And it's addictive.

The second season ended Wed. night, so you've got all summer to catch up. If you come in now without seeing any of the previous episodes you'll never have a chance. Of course, even if you've seen all of it you *still* don't know everything that's going on and go "huh?" a lot. But...yeah. First season is out on DVD, and second season is (I believe) on iTunes--or elsewhere on the net if you know where to look...

Edited to add: Spoiler Alert
If you have NOT seen the entire second season of LOST yet and do not want to know what happened, do not click the link.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/about.html

So does it make sense that if someone wrote a program in days and some one else wrote one in minutes both to send signals. Unless you knew the exact time that the day one started you could not link them?
It just weird that all instances where 1440 minutes is divided by a
number which returns a .3333333 decimal point 27, 54, 81, 108. Can all be derived using the number 5, 8 ,15,16, 23, 42. Which I understand are repeated throughout the show.

(Edit: Good lord. Campbell's *two* already?)

Yup, in about a month (and she expects a cigar ;)), but I now count years/days/hours/minutes in child time. Hmmmm, I always scuked at Time calcs in Excel, so I guess it's not much different anyway.

So LOST is kinda' "Lord of the Flies" with Hollyweird involved?

Smitty

(I'm not that "LOST", but the TV went OFF when the CMA replaced NCIS...)

It's still an interesting question.

Smitty

Oh, you poor man :nya: (Edit: Good lord. Campbell's *two* already?)

No, it's not a reality show. It's a SHOW-show. And it's addictive.

The second season ended Wed. night, so you've got all summer to catch up. If you come in now without seeing any of the previous episodes you'll never have a chance. Of course, even if you've seen all of it you *still* don't know everything that's going on and go "huh?" a lot. But...yeah. First season is out on DVD, and second season is (I believe) on iTunes--or elsewhere on the net if you know where to look...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/about.html

Already finished in the US? We're only 6 episodes into the second season in the UK

With all the weird things that happen on Lost, if Excel was being used somewhere, I’m betting that =BAHTTEXT would be in the formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back