Loop To Last EndPt

ivandgreat

Board Regular
Hi,

anyone could help me to have a macro that will loop in a columns when cell data is found empty @ column IDB will search the adjacent value of column IDA @ column IDB until found nothing follows and concatenate the cell value @ column D and put it in column E.

this is the table below,

ItemIDAIDBStorAvail

<tbody>
</tbody>

The output table below,

ItemIDAIDBStorAvail
1200020011040 / 30 / 20 / 10
2200120022040 / 30 / 20
3200220043040 / 30
5200520045040 / 50

<tbody>
</tbody>

br,
ivan

Hi Rick,

This is show the mechanic works,

First locate empty value in IDB, here found 2 item, in item 4 and 8, record the value in col Stor (40 and 100 respectively)
-@ first item found (item 4 with value 40) copy it @ col Avail then identify the value in IDA which are in the same row, which is 2004, here you have to locate the value in IDB
- With IDA value 2004, were found in item 3 and 5,
- Do first @ item 3, concatenate the recorded value (from item 4 with value 40) with value in Stor, which is 30, you'll have 40 / 30, then identify again the value in IDA (same row), which is 2002, locate it in col IDB (found in item 2), concatenate the recorded value, yo'll have 40 / 30 / 20, do the same loop until the value in IDA were unable to found in IDB.
- Still with IDA value 2004, if found nothing go to the next value, which is now IDB value 2005 (item 5), do the same loop.
- After finishing the above loop, go to the next empty value @ IDB and do the same logic as above.

End loop when IDB and IDA is both empty.
Hmm! I posted a follow-up question but I don't see it now, so let me ask it again (the best I can remember it). For the first blank (going upward), you find the 2004 on the left in the cell right above the blank... you then look to the left of that cell's and find its number in the cell above... and you continue moving upward that way until (?) you reach the top of the table (not sure exactly how it will end before the top if circumstances dictate). Note... you are always moving upward. Now, for the second blank... you find the value to its left in the cell two above the blank and you then move downward from there (not upward like you did for the first blank)! Can you explain your process in more detail so that I can understand what is controlling the movement above the blank?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RStasicky

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back