London VBA Training

litrelord

Hi,

my company's looking to get a lot of our work automated. I know a fair amount of VBA and have had quite a lot of success (thanks to this board!) but am not convinced about my abaility to teach others. Can anyone recommend any courses around the London area that teach VBA.

There may be a need for some Excel training too as we've only really used in-house training so far (though it depends how relevant the courses are to our current needs).

Many thanks

Nick

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi Pavin,

thanks for the repsonse. I really need to find training by an individual (or group) as the trainees seem to respond best to that kind.

Nick

Nick

I can't answer your question directly, but my only experience of a VBA course is from the year 2000/2001 when I was based at a bank in London. It was a starter course and I was pretty unimpressed with it - the problem was (I believe) that the starter courses get taken by trainers with relatively little experience themselves (on the grounds, presumably, that the material covered is relatively simple) so if you ask anything 'out of the box' don't expect the trainer to know! Intermediate/Advanced may not suffer from this constraint, but then they may not be suitable for the majority of staff wishing to attend!

Thanks Richard.

Well I guess that would leave me with the rather daunting prospect of trying to train people myself.

The suggestion I had from my boss was to auomate one of the reports and then let them do the next one, asking me if there are any questions. To me this seemed to be diving in very much at the deep end but perhaps that's the best way.

Who knows, maybe I'll have an aptitude for it and go into teaching :)

Thanks

Nick

why ask them to create accounts on the board.... that was my vba training...

Hi Nick,

As another angle, why not get yourself on a Training training course. That would give you some structure and confidence when teaching others.

Most courses are, by necessity of a generic audience, generic. Most spreadsheet applications are, however, heavily tailored to the individual/company. Therefore, the best teacher (certainly at the level you describe) is someone internal, i.e. you!

I have used Pass Training for Excel training and VBA training. The Excel training was better than the VBA, but in their defense there was a very slow (I would go as far as to stay dense) person in the class who wasted so much time for the rest of us. Anyway, I would recommend them - definitely. I got a lot out of it, but I think I was helped by the fact that I had some experience and a little understanding of the syntax (thanks, guys). I imagine it would have been harder and that I would have forgotton more if I went in blind as it were.

Oh - they do on site tailored training - if you have more than about 4 people it works out cheaper, and you get what you want.

Becoming members of this site will definitely be recommended for all!

Yard,

not a bad idea but I'm planning on taking the training budget for a ride on some other courses this year and don't want to push my luck :)

Bryony,

Thanks, I'll check them out. Possibly get them started myself and then move onto some trainign with them as I see your point about having a vague idea of what's happening before starting any training.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back