Load Userform Office 365 versus older Excel versions

CaptDunsel

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Have macros designed using Excel 2013. They worked fine until I tried to run on 365 version of Excel. In particular, I use Load Userform, then pass information to the form before showing the userform. Apparently 365 does not allow interaction with the userform until the show command? Is there a good workaround other than using global variables prior to invoking the userform>

Use a drop box or One Drive and give anyone with the link access to it.
I don't think they like it here if I provide an email address in a pm and solve the issue, even if I post the solution afterwards. Not sure why that would be any different than you posting a link to a file. Taking the solution off line could happen that way too, but they don't seem to mind if you use a file share.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I don't think they like it here if I provide an email address in a pm and solve the issue, even if I post the solution afterwards. Not sure why that would be any different than you posting a link to a file. Taking the solution off line could happen that way too, but they don't seem to mind if you use a file share.
Try this:
Example.xlsm

Upvote 0
Sorry, wrong link:
Example.xlsm

Upvote 0
If you go to Training_Exercise tab and click on cell E2, you should get error
So, I've been playing around some more, which has only served to confuse me even more than I was. I created a new file with just a regular UserForm. Worked fine. When I went to the folder and double clicked the file name, Userform bombed with same run time error 91. However, if I open the file using the recent history from the task bar - the exact same file works flawlessly. Go figure. I've never seen a problem quite like this, so I need to do more research.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back