Listbox Scroll

Pacman52

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all I've seen quite a few posts and threads about using a mouse to scroll within a listbox but most of them are either very old date wise or very confusing code wise, some seem to indicate it can be done, others say it can't.

Could anyone let me know if there is an up to date simple solution to being able to scroll within a listbox or point me to where I can find more information on being able to achieve this if it is actually possible please.

Thanks

Paul

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Same question in this thread, with a VBA solution. It's old but still valid. Not sure what you would find confusing but this requires a complicated bit of code to call Windows. Your question is possible, just not easy.

(There is a link to a Microsoft page in a different post in the same thread but it's a dead link now. No idea what might have been there since the member did not give any description, just posted a link.)

Upvote 0
Thanks Jeff I'll have a look at the thread - by 'confusing' perhaps not the right word to use but some of the posts I read offered all sorts of different possible solutions none of which seemed to work for me whilst testing.

Thanks again for the link

Upvote 0
I haven't tried it myself, but I will if you can't get it to work.

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff sadly it didn't work. I haven't got access to my PC at the moment but it errored out in the 'Normal Module' I'll have more time to look at it over the weekend so will see if I can resolve the error and post back the results.

Upvote 0
You are probably using a 64-bit system and this is a 32-bit procedure. I'm in the process of converting it but I'm not sure when I'll have it done and tested. I'm in a music workshop all day tomorrow so I won't get it done until Sunday.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back