Linking fields from one sheet to another

Deeweb

Hello,

I have a workbook that contains 20 sheets. My first sheet is a summay sheet that contains specific information from each of the 19 other sheets.

Basically in our office we have equipment that can be checked out. The first sheet provides information about all of the equipment. Sheets 2 - 19 are specific to a single piece of equipment. An associate would enter in their name, date, and when the return date will be. We do not delete the old information, so the next person would add their information to the next line. Instead of looking through each sheet to see if the equipment is available, I would like to create a formula on the summary sheet (sheet 1) that would link the information from sheets 2 -19.

The dilema, since we do not delete old information I can not reference a specific cell in the formula. So if column A is name, column B is date, column C is return date. How do I bring the last available row with information from each of these columns onto the summary sheet via a formula?

Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&COUNTA(Sheet1!A:A))

will return the last cell contains value in sheet1 column A. Data presence in column should be continuous.

GNaga

Upvote 0
Deeweb said:
...The dilema, since we do not delete old information I can not reference a specific cell in the formula. So if column A is name, column B is date, column C is return date. How do I bring the last available row with information from each of these columns onto the summary sheet via a formula?...

I don't understand why you would want to 'copy' the last entires from all those sheets to the summary sheet.

Activate Insert|Name|Define.
Enter BigNum as name in the Names in Workbook box.
Enter the following in the Refers to box:

9.99999999999999E+307

Click OK.

Suppose you want to retrieve the last entries from Sheet2... In the summary sheet enter...

=MATCH(BigNum,Sheet2!B:B) in someCell.

=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,Cell)

=INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,Cell)

=INDEX(Sheet2:C:C,Cell)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back