Large number of unanswered questions...

Er, I've had some unanswered posts but I went back through them and it was obvious why they weren't answered. So I deleted them. I prefer to think that my post count represents value adding activity (er, apart from those in the lounge :LOL: )

I agree with the above, but what I definitely agree with is that there is a huge number of questions that are so common and a simple quick search will reveal all. I feel that people should try to help themselves. I particularly don't appreciate the questions on here where all the OP wants is the answer with no interest to even understand how the solution produces the result!

That said I have on occassion also just headed straight for the answer without understanding the solution. Especially some of Aladins in the beginning. But then I have gone back and made my best attempt to get my head around it!

The challenging factor is also relevant - volunteers will typically seek out those that they can gain some knowledge from. On my part I usually pick some of the easier questions - because I like to feel as though I am contributing. Makes me feel like I earn all the good help I get from others on this board :biggrin:

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
My favorite posts to ignore are the ones that are obviously class assignments.

I'm with Jon .. Sort of ;)

I've found myself more confident in answering questions recently, so have been trying harder to "give back the knowledge", but, sometimes you can click the next thread and be faced with practically the same question and you end up thinking "Hang on, I just answered that...".

Personally, I've gained a lot of knowledge from searching the board for questions I have. Exploring a few threads related to your query can give you a lot more avenues to explore that may answer your original question, or give you a whole new direction to think about.

From searching the board I've also come across a lot of problems where I know I can find the soloution because I've seen similar problems answered so I can have a starting point.

I think if the OP would do a search with their intended post topic they will find an answer (excusing those that use "URGENT HELP!!!!" or "IS THIS POSSIBLE???") ;).

If posts go unanswered, there is usually a good reason...

Just my opinion... :)

Regarding Eriik's question about what did I do about them:

Nothing as I remember.

Those that I figured out myself and posted a note to that effect I don't consider as unanswered even if I did it myself.

One that I remember I posted for someone else.

and the other one or two? Hmmm I'd have to check to see what they were all about. Most likely not well written, sometimes it's difficult to concisely say just exactly what it is you want answered. There have been a few, "Oh you mean the so and so function" after a few exchanges.

This place is still the most valuable site on the net. Not the most fun but I sometimes think it has kept me employed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back