Just a quick Hi

awarner MVP

Could not see a welcome topic so thought I would just say a quick hi.
I've been playing with time sheets and holiday forms etc at work this week and I have to say without this site I would have been lost.

So far I've learnt how to create userforms etc which has now given me more interest Excel and encouraged me to learn more.

Thanks all :beerchug:

EDIT Just noticed my signatures not being displayed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Welcome to MrExcel.

To display your signature go to the user control panel, under 'settings and options' in the left hand pane select 'Edit Options', in the right hand pane under 'Thread Display Options' tick 'Show Signature'.

No offence intended but if this is passive spam then think twice before following those instructions.

Andrew

Welcome to MrExcel.
No offence intended but if this is passive spam then think twice before following those instructions.

None taken and thanks for the welcome :)
I understand about passive spam as I help run MoDaCo and have recently seen an influx of of so called passive spam originating from India.
My signature relates to the two sites I am involved in and if I were spamming I would have been posting all over the shop instead of using the search function to get the answers I needed ;)

I must have missed the part refering to signatures which is unusual for me. I'm used to Ivision based forums and as admin I forget the simple things from time to time lol.

EDIT N0.2 without making any changes my signature is in this reply but not the original post? now off to check my cp controls...

Also posting at this time of night (UK) as I'm on the lovely night shift.

Last edited:
None taken and thanks for the welcome :)
I understand about passive spam as I help run MoDaCo and have recently seen an influx of of so called passive spam originating from India.

Whew! I'm pleased you knew what was referring to! :)

Welcome aboard - this is a very useful forum!

Cheers
Andrew

Welcome. :)

I assume the signature issue is a back-dating one, while I wouldn't have guessed that. I did a quick test of editing your post (no changes made) to see if that would trigger an update, but none noted.

In any event, enjoy the forums!

I don't know what passive spam is, and google won't tell me! Could someone enlighten me, please?

Welcome. :)

I assume the signature issue is a back-dating one, while I wouldn't have guessed that. I did a quick test of editing your post (no changes made) to see if that would trigger an update, but none noted.

In any event, enjoy the forums!

Do I have to do everything?
Go Advanced - CHECK THE SHOW MY SIGNATURE BOX!

I don't know what passive spam is, and google won't tell me! Could someone enlighten me, please?

Basically passive spam is a way of advertising by using your signature instead of just making a post to sell phones, watches etc.

Normally people who passive spam will make numerous posts with replies to topics like Thanks for the in or I'm new to the site etc etc and then have a signature with a link to investment companies or gambling sites.
These are harder to spot than normal spam so it takes an active mod/admin team to keep them in check.

So far I've found the main passive spam is coming from India with an IP of 122.164.*.*. The person/s involved normally create a few accounts at the same time, with some accounts sleeping until the want to use them, rather than getting them all to spam at the same time.

Hope this explains things a little better?

Russian addresses are rather large on the spam list.. tho not passive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back