It's a girl for Daddy Archibald!!!!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Congratulations Rory, if you're anything like me you'll soon be wondering:

i) what the heck did you actually get done today?
ii) what the heck did I do in the past before baby was born?
iii) how can this one little person be so much hard work and yet the best best best thing ever!

Best wishes

how can this one little person be so much hard work and yet the best best best thing ever!
On a more serious side, that one line Yard said sums it up perfectly. Yes there are "sacrifices" that you will have to make, but they pale in comparison to what you get out of it!

Congratulations, Rory. I have three daughters, and I'm none the worse for wear, other than being old, stupid, and poor.

Re the IQ study: just because Snopes claims that Kinsey never did that study, doesn't mean the phenomenon isn't true!

What strikes me as funny is that apparently quite a number of people took that spoof article you cited as actually being true.
If I believe it, does that make me "dumber", hencing proving the theory?

Actually, I don't think the problem is a loss in IQ as much as it is sleep deprivation and loss of focus. I used to have great focus, but now my mind is all over the place, as I now have much more to worry about than I did before children.

Joe -

You're right about the actual causes. It gets better as the children age, until the point where it gets worse when you really age.

Rory,
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

PS-I expect to see your monthly points over at ee to decrease in the near future.:-)

Congratulations Rory! :beerchug:
Hope your transition to fatherhood is joyous.

What strikes me as funny is that apparently quite a number of people took that spoof article you cited as actually being true. :stickouttounge:
Thanks for pointing that out Greg. Mind you, I had already diregarded the 'findings' for three reasons:

1. Sounded like it may not have been the same IQ test second time round.
Another IQ test was given to ...

... test was given to each set of parents successful in conceiving and birthing ...
The test apparently wasn't also given to the non-coceivers who, presumably, could have returned results just as low. Or perhaps even lower than the conceivers, 'proving' that having children helps preserve your IQ.

3. I have two children and I just know I am smarter now than before. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back