Is there a way to slow VBA down??

450nick

I have discovered a strange problem with my VBA code. After testing it on several machines, I've found no problems with my workbook until now. After being run on a rather slow Windows Vista laptop, I've found that VBA appears to be running faster than Excel, and consequently it is creating errors as VBA asks Excel to do things before it has finished a previous action. This is causing macros to fail several times in each run, though can be solved simply by pressing 'debug' and then F5 to continue the code. Is there a way to get VBA to run slower to solve this? As I can't think of any other way of doing it? I've certainly not seen it happen on any XP or Win 7 computer!

This could be done by inserting wait statement after each line of the main code, but that't not possible so here is the alternative.
Put a wait statement or a loop in the workbook-> SheetChange event
So it will wait for a loop after every change in the sheet , Attached image for example code

To get to this point click on "This Workbook" in Project widow(left side) , then select workbook in the first dropdown and sheetchange in the second dropdown.

Snipet.PNG

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cradd64

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back