Is it okay to vent about user activity on this board?

Heh. I'd be more worried about the 'wrath' of Nate, myself. I'm more 'Good Cop' to his 'Bad Cop' ;)
Mwa ha ha ha. :twisted:

Back to the original content of this thread...

Is it okay to vent about others here? You know, this is pretty border-line... This is troll/flame-war fodder. I see a thread like this and note that I now have to watch it, because it's like TNT and might go off at any given time... :-?

In any event, the response you provided in the thread you're ranting about is no good:

While the statment is true. Your quip was not in the least helpful.
{snip}
This looks a lot like "back-seat moderating" to me and, again, see our rules:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=500919#500919

Specifically, note the following:

- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of the administrators by sending a private message to AdminMsg. Please do this only if a moderator team member has not replied within a reasonable amount of time. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
{snip}

- If you have a complaint about another board user, one of our moderators, or anyone else please send a private message to AdminMsg with your complaint.
{snip}
Why? Well, again, "back-seat moderating" is troll/flame-war fodder. Look at the direct response your post created:

Kyrgan, thank you for your nice appreciation !
I don't see you are very much of a help yourself !
And frankly, I don't blame the responder... Fortunately, it ended there...

But, this is no good, this does not belong at MrExcel.com, this is a waste of bandwidth, and it's an eyesore, really. If you have a problem with a post or another member, please follow the rules and contact a Moderator or Admin.

If you want to help the OP with a superior solution, then provide one. There's no need to flame another member based on their suggestion, this should be relatively apparent in your presentation, if you have one worth noting.

The people who help run this show have been at this for a long time now and these rules are in place for a reason. We have a great, high-volume tremendous resource here, and our rules help keep this machine cooking with oil!

I thank you in advance for your consideration! :)

Regards,
Nate Oliver
MrExcel.com Forum Admin

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Mea Culpa!

I do need to apologize. I was out of line and venting on another user for my own personal pet peeve.

I have again read the ToS and Forum Guidelines (I seem to be doing that a lot lately.)

In all honesty the “offence” was not even truly out of bounds.

I let my feeling of “If your going to comment in a forum designed to help others, at least try to assist the user” and in my mind telling the user to use Access without first asking if it’s an option was of little or no assistance.

This board has taught me a lot and I hope it teaches me even more in times to come. I just get flustered when I see answers like the one we are discussing, or in some cases even the code to solve the users issue without a least a brief description of the code in question.

I must be having some sort of male PMS.

There, there’s another flame war....

Again Nate and all the other mods. Even though I seem to have been on a whiny tear lately I really do appreciate the hard work you all do.

Also,

This is lounge V2.......Ever wonder where V1 went! I think that was the TNT Nate was referring to.:-)

This is lounge V2...Ever wonder where V1 went?...
~CBrine

Indeed. Krygan, while the urge to vent one's frustration is understandable; it is also too common. Juan Pablo eventually shuttered original Max Cells Lounge because it became an eyesore in the sense that there were many posts/threads that taken in the aggregate detracted from the main object of Bill's little enterprise here. Let us not forget that we're all guests here in Bill's back yard; he foots the bandwidth bill because the board brings in traffic in the form of paying customers. That's the bottom line.

This is lounge V2.......Ever wonder where V1 went! I think that was the TNT Nate was referring to.:-)
I was definitely referring to this... This was a real shame if you ask me, but I agreed that it had to be done... :-?

I'd rather not see us venture this path again, so we, for better or worse, try to nip potential flame-wars in the bud. And we're more sensitive/not as lenient to them than we have been in the past because we've seen it get out of hand and it's not pretty.

Not to worry, there are plenty of places on the world wide web where you can find this sort of thing 24-7... We just prefer that it not happen here.

I think most of us, for the most part, can agree that it's for the better. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ckaplan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back