iPad 2 running Excel with VBA?

Engineer Joe

Does anyone know if you can run Excel and VBA with an iPad 2? Our company is running a pilot program with iPads. My only previous use for Macs to use them as visual indicators for people who don't actually do any work, but rather enjoy appearing very busy. So, at some point, one of our division heads received enough requests and input from people saying that we should use iPads at work. EVERYTHING we do is Microsoft based, so to me the idea was ludicrous when it was first proposed. So now we have a pilot program, and I've been tasked with leading the program from my division head. I have the task of assessing their usefulness in the workplace. I think I was chosen because I'm somewhat tech savvy and I'm known as an apple-hater. So anyway, here are the questions that I believe that my trusty friends who frequent MrExcel can help me answer so that I can find a way to put these **** toys to work for me.

1) Can Ipad 2 run excel and VBA macros? (i googled this question, couldn't find a solid response)
2) If not, is there a comparable scripting language for apple products that iPads can utilize?
3) WHERE IS THE MINIMIZE BUTTON????????????????????????????

Alrighty, thanks. and next time I'll be back in my normal mode of posing more codey questions which everyone is more comfortable with.

try Teamviewer.
No problems running Excel VBA on my iPhone.

My configuration is: Macbook with OS 10.6.8/Parallels 8.0/Windows XP pro SP3/Excel 2010/Teamviewe///iPhone/IOS 6.1/Teamviewer App

have fun :)

btw. Quickoffice pro told me their solution is also coming soon. Go to their Facebook site and push them a bit because that could be a better solution for low coverage areas or slowly bandwidth.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
@myblogtrainer - good idea with remote desktopping but that doesn't work offline, so it's no good on airplanes or on trains, where the signal drops regularly. Which I've just realised is also true for Onlive Desktop (duh!) so thanks.

The surface pro is sounding sexier by the minute...

Upvote 0
Seriously.

Over four and three years ago since this topic was started and the last comment made, respectively, and this issue still has not been resolved.
Although Excel for iPad (3 is what I now have) looks nice and enjoys modest cell-based features, there is still no access or ability to use VBA/Macros, which is ultimately very annoying!

I am honestly fine with (for now and to start with) simply having access to a simple VBE, even if I can't run the VBA/Macro. I could then sit on the comfort of my couch, enjoy some fine wine, and use my small, light, and convenient gadget to write some code. I'm aware this can be done using, say a word editor, but it's nice to be able to switch over to the VBE whilst working in the workbook. For example, reposition cells or renaming sheets and then being able to jump to the VBE and update, or even just coding a quick time saver on the spot (while you still remember and are thinking about it) so when you hop back to your PC, your nifty tricks are there to greet you! Kind of like a nice surprise the next day: "Oh yeah, I forgot I wrote this nifty little code last night while I was buzzed..."

Anywho, I've given up hope that MS will do anything at all to add VBA/VBE to the iOS Office Apps; especially now seeing this goes this far back, which I was unaware of.

However, I have one last glimmer of hope: that in all this time, someone, on this lovely site, has found a workaround, or somesuch. Otherwise I'm stuck trying to find time to code whilst in the office; not very conducive if it's for a personal project either...

The lonely, and slightly misplaced, iOS-Excel (VBA-less) Man, Signing Off!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSRL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back