invitation to become a member of DRAFT

Speaking of spazzy cat:
spazzy.gif

Can anyone tell me where he's from? (file renamed just for this. HA.) ;)

The old LucasArts video game Sam & Max Hit the Road

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Yay! Someone knows it! I'm not the only freak in the room (as it were)! :lol:

And only one more week until Episode 2 of the second game comes out on Gametap. I'm getting impatient at this point... :)

I ain't a big fan of shaving to begin. . .
- Greg Truby
I hear that.
Last thing I should be doing first thing in the morning is holding a razor to my throat! :lol:

Aaron,

If'n yer marriage is such that the phrase "putting a razor to your throat" makes you think of the state of your union; then you need to get a fishin' boat, a tackle box and a big-*** cooler (or --better [and cheaper]-- find a good buddy that has all three).

Now, since this is Erik's thread and he does get a bit persnickety if I drift too far afield -- when can we expect a winter-issue avatar from you?

thanks for showing me, Geg !

I presume you mean that texasalynn tries to get closer to the DRAFT-idea ?

who is texasalynn on that pic ?
EDIT :oops: 1 mistress and some children

I thought that was better than the rear head shot of Fairwinds.

And Erik - mistress?? hmmm I think not. (Is a pic with the girls I use to teach) :-P

Erik,

While technically, you are quite correct:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mistress

And, given your proximity to the UK, where they tend to use "mistress" definitions 1-6 quite frequently, your use of the word is quite understandable. Unfortunately, you can see by scrolling down to the definition provided by American Heritage Dictionary we tend to focus on the licentious meaning. This would be the cause of A.Lynn's response. Here, were we to use the term "mistress" we would use the longer form, "schoolmistress".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schoolmistress

That said, I think it's a dandy, pic!

Hi,

You guys and galls in America live in a large area where everybody is speaking approximatively the same language. Greg you are correctly taking into acount we are speaking "British-oriented" english, although last years we see teachers allow more American-english (that's what my eldest son says anyway)

It must be funny sometimes to read my posts :wink: What could be really confusing when you see me using a "wrong" word: you never know if it's on purpose or not, since I like to play with languages. :lol:

About Dutch-speaking Belgians. (flemmish)
We get french in school from about 9-10 years old. (I grew up in Brussels and got it from 8) English from about 13yo. My eldest sun who is 16 is getting German course now. You see the picture ? The one who really pays attention in the classroom can speak fluently 2-3 languages and can speak and understand a little bit german. That's why some companies like to have the heart of their business in our very little country.

greetings from Belgium :-)
Erik

Hmm: seems I went off-topic
any new members who want to present themselves along with a REAL avatar ?
<font face="Courier New" size="+1" color="blue" style="background: url(http://www.balloondoggies.com/vonpookie/misc/sparkle.gif)">WELCOME TO DRAFT !!!!</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back