Intelligence Quotient !?!!? (Fun Questions)

Stormseed

Banned
Recently a company had participated in IIM's (Indian Institute of Management) Placement Sessions. They asked some interesting questions to students during the recruitments:

Try these on yourself and see if you can answer them all :-D

I would post the answers in a span of 12-15 days. Here we go:

1. There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?

2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?

3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water.
The tide rises at 12 inches every 15minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?

4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the bear?

5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?

6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die?

7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel?

8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first?

Same question, but the location is in Canada ?

9. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th. ?

10. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field?

11. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?

Goodluck ;)

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I believe I know 8 of the 11, but can put up an argument for some of them that might make the answer different. :) Didn't know if I ahould post the answers or not?

Question 4 & 6 have me baffled, but I think I can get the rest.
I don't know if I'm patient enough for the 12-15 days.....

I think there are actually 12 questions...#8 is asked for 2 different locations.

I believe I know 8 of the 11, but can put up an argument for some of them that might make the answer different. :) Didn't know if I ahould post the answers or not?

Hi Rob,

There can be a lot of argument if we discuss the questions or the answers in reference to the questions. The best alternative for everyone is to put up their answers (incase you get the Logic correct) for others to realize and understand so that they can come up with their Logic just for funsake ! It would really be cool to determine the usage of our brains :biggrin:

Essentially, I would not be a part of this discussion while it is carried out on this thread, nevertheless, I would post the answers, with my LOGIC after the said span of over few days, irrespective of the posts posted in this thread !!

OK, my answers, such as they are:
1. Incorrectly
2. 1.45
3. None
4. White
5. Yes
6. Fish. Suffocated/drowned depending on your point of view.
7. None.
8. The first one (to both).
9. None in the UK.
10. One.
11. Temperature

1. Incorrectly

2. Not sure of this one.

3. If the tide is rising due to lots of rain, then maybe the rain might flood the ship and who know how much water the ship would dsiplace, thus you can't determine how many rungs would be under water, especially if a lot of big people started to get on to bail the water out, otherwise if there is no water or no more weight added to the ship then 0 rungs would be under water :)

4. White because if all the walls are facing south then you are on the North Pole and there are only white bears there.

5. Depends if you look at it as 1/2*(2+2) or 1/2*2+2. I would look at it in the latter way of 3.

6. Sloppy is a mermaid that was living in a huge aquarium that got blown over by a hurricane and now cannot live out of the water for too long. :)

7. There is no dirt in a whole.

8. Other than it usually isn't that cold in hawaii, except maybe in a freezer,the bowling ball would never make it through the ice of the 30 degree. So it would hit the bottom of the 45 degree bucket first.

Same question, but the location is in Canada ?

Same answer about the water would be ice.

9. The date and time would then be 12:34 5/6/78

10. Someone wants me to answer 9, but I don't know this one for sure.

11. I would assume stairs?

Thanks Nimit that was fun.

1. There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it? Incorrectly

2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it? 09:00 AM Here

3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water.
The tide rises at 12 inches every 15minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water? None

4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the bear? ???

5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three? 3

6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die? ???

7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel? None

8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? It would hit bottom first in bucket with the water, not the ice.

Same question, but the location is in Canada ? Same

9. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th. ? 12:34 5/6/78

10. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field? One

11. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move? Stairs?

How was that a hijack??:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back