in need of HELP!

BigSeba4

Hi, i am currently using access for a project. my project is basically being designed for use of a staff rota, but i am really struggling to understand and come to terms with access and only have 4 weeks left to do this project. i need to design a actual system using access, so any tips or website etc or a designed system i could use to help me design mine would be of so much help!

Thanks

Seb

Okay,

Here's a sample db for what you want. In this example, an employees pay rate is determined by their pay-rate type. If you need a unique pay rate for each employee, let me know, I'll revise it. On the form that automatically open, you can select a staff member from the combo and the form will pull that staff members information, as well as their hours worked in the subform onthe bottom half.

edit: I zipped both files into one here:
http://www.theillumni.com/posts/staffdb.zip

HTH,
Corticus

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi again,

Here's an example where pay rate is employee-specific.

I think you'll like this one more, I replaced some textboxes with dropcombos, such as the text box for department name on frmqrystaff, so you can choose from a list, insead of typing it in.

edit: I zipped both files into one here:
http://www.theillumni.com/posts/staffdb.zip

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thanks!

:D hello thanks ever so much for your help. It has been very much appreciated. If you have any more suggestions for my system please let me know

thanks again

bigseba4

Upvote 0
I was wondering how i would be able to do things like a print button, or a button on how to link different pages of the database, and how could i in corporate a save button in to my system

THIS WOULD BE OF SO MUCH HELP!

Cant thank you enough

Seba

Thanks

Upvote 0
BigSeba4 said:
I was wondering how i would be able to do things like a print button,

Open the form from which you want to print the report in design view, insert a button, and use the wizard to have it print the object of your choice (report, form etc)

or a button on how to link different pages of the database,

Do you mean different forms? If so, again, open the form from which you want to open another form, and insert a button, and have the wizard have it open the new form.

and how could I incorporate a save button in to my system

Access automatically saves a record once you exit it, so there is no need to explicitly save. To make sure that the record you're in gets exited (and saved) before you exit the form (when you've started adding data to a record, but haven't exited the record and commited it to memory, it is 'dirty'), try adding a button, and having the button do something like:
Code:
sub cmdsave_click()
If me.dirty = true then me.dirty = false
docmd.close
end sub

I would still have 'save' on the button for your user's sake.

this code will 'undo' the dirty record if you hit cancel on the form:
Code:
Sub cmdcancel_Click()
If Me.Dirty Then
    Me.Undo
End If
    DoCmd.Close
Exit Sub

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddweller151

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back