I just won the MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM PROMOTION

schielrn

:beerchug: :hungry:

I can't believe it! I have been waiting for this day to come as I registered for this, well I forgot when, but heck I am rich now. :biggrin:

CONGRATULATION! CONGRATULATION!! CONGRATULATION!!!

YOU HAVE JUST WON THE SUM OF $18,000,000. UNITED STATE DOLLARS IN THE
ON GOING MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM PROMOTION HELD IN UNITED KINGDOM.

YOU ARE TO CONTACT THE FUNDS RELEAST AGENT IMMEDIATELY WITH THE DETAILS
BELOW.

NAME:
ADDRESS:
PHONE CONTACT:
AMOUNT WON:
SEX:

CLAIMS AGENT DETAILS

NAMES: DR. TERRY MOORE
EMAIL: lotterymicrosoft28@yahoo.com.hk

NOTE: THE MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM HAS ALREADY PAID FOR ALL TAX. SO YOU ARE TO
PAY ONLY $235,00 UNITED STATE DOLLAR TO THE CLAIMS AGENT TO ENABLE HIM
WORK OUT YOUR SHIPPING DOCUMENT FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM GOVERNMENT.

BEST REGARD

SUSAN PETERS
I can't believe I have been so lucky to have won this. I may as well put my 2 week notice in now. I mean in the US we typically use periods and not commas in money to signify cents?

Maybe I should reply and ask them if it is $235 dollars I need to send them or $235,000. Maybe they missed the zero.

But to win 18 million I would be more than happy to get them $235,000.

I should also be safe and send the my social security number to make sure the money gets to the right person.

:rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
If you can also provide some banking information as well, that helps. Instead of sending them $235, I just gave them by bank number and pin. They were not only able to take the $235, but the rest of the money in my account to expedite the claim!

I haven't heard from them in awhile, but I think it's because I've asked them to roll that $18,000,000 to help free up my recent inheritance from a long lost great uncle who made loads of money over in Nigeria. I'm pretty sure they're working on it because they take money out of my account every 2 weeks, so good things should be happening soon!

Now if I can just get Bernie Madoff to call me back about some investments I made with him, I'll finally be able to quit my jobs...

Let me know how it turns out!

:rofl:

If you can also provide some banking information as well, that helps. Instead of sending them $235, I just gave them by bank number and pin. They were not only able to take the $235, but the rest of the money in my account to expedite the claim!
Very good information here, thanks for the tip.

I haven't heard from them in awhile, but I think it's because I've asked them to roll that $18,000,000 to help free up my recent inheritance from a long lost great uncle who made loads of money over in Nigeria. I'm pretty sure they're working on it because they take money out of my account every 2 weeks, so good things should be happening soon!
Sorry to hear about your late uncle. But I am glad to hear that it does seem like good things will be coming out of this at least.

Now if I can just get Bernie Madoff to call me back about some investments I made with him, I'll finally be able to quit my jobs...
Yea, I have also been waiting to here from him, but I guess he probably only gets to make one outbound call a day and he probably has a long list of people to call I would assume. And my last name beginning with "S", it will probably be a while before he gets to me.

Let me know how it turns out!
I will let you know the outcome.

And to think we make fun of this and unfortunately there are people out there that fall for this. :eeek:

Very true. The Madoff one I can understand, it was a pretty slick scam all around. The others are a bit more obvious but if it didn't work, people wouldn't be running them.

Reminds me of a story where a person put ads in Florida classifieds stating "last chance to send in your dollar!" with a PO box. Apparently he did pretty well for himself. People tried to sue claiming fraud but his defense of "I didn't promise anything, just asked people to send in a dollar" worked and he didn't have to give any of it back. Oh to live a life without scruples...

That is a new one that I haven't seen! I have read a lot of those 'You've won messages' or other such at: http://www.419eater.com/. It is a site dedicated to scamming the scammers.

It is truely interesting reading about people getting these scammers to make wooden hand-carved busts and sending them to them for a potential 'art award'!

I like that site. Quite interesting all the techniques they use.

i these kind get at least 2 emails and sms in mobile each week . there target is to trapping people who are not educated or and backwards from underdevlop countrys. very bad becouse thisis corrupting openly in public. why so couintrys like usa and uk not take action toward them ?

My understanding, lundbhaiz, is because these requests come from outside of the US or the UK (typically underdeveloped countries) so the US and UK don't have any jurisdiction. In the grand scheme of things, it's not financially viable for a country to spend resources to catch a few guys trying to run a scam (unless the scam starts generating millions of dollars in returns, they tend to not get a lot of attention).

Hell, I had someone fraudulently use my debit card to buy a plane ticket. They (the bank) knew exactly where the person would be at a specific time (their plane seat, 10 minutes before take off) and they refused to do anything about it. They said it was cheaper to just reimburse me the $500 that was stolen than spend the resources to do anything about it. The credit card company didn't like it when I asked what their prosecution threshold was so I could get in on the free money.

An old colleague had their bank card cloned, and the bank found out as my friend drew out her Friday night party money because the fraudster was in Newquay trying to pay for petrol at the same time...

I was actually surprised the bank reacted so quickly.

Knowing that my colleague was using the card in her home town they allowed her to withdraw money, stopped the payment going through in Newquay and promptly phoned my colleague to tell her that they would be sending her a new card out and why... :)

They said it was cheaper to just reimburse me the $500 that was stolen than spend the resources to do anything about it. The credit card company didn't like it when I asked what their prosecution threshold was so I could get in on the free money.
Hmmm... Very interesting and maybe you have something there. ;)

I'll start ordering tickets for you and you order them for me. I'll see if I can work on finding out the threshold is and we may be able to get trips around the world. :laugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back