I just realised my position can be replaced by a VBA code

hostelowner

Board Regular
I'm sitting here at my desk, trying to find the easiest solution to some of these lengthy procedures to certain tedious tasks taking up most of my day.
What I noticed was that many of my boring tasks taking hours a day, can be automated... imagine coming into work and having the macro pull all your reports and save them to a certain folder, or even print them out according to a simple format. Or what about setting up reports to follow a string of formulas to automate my sales reports off a single file to create some fantastic graphs and other useful sales reports!!!

I would pay to have this done for me.

At teh same time i'm thinking that for the amount of money paid to me, this could all be automated on a regular basis. Onehte other hand it could be done in the mornings before i come in and i could focus on other projects.... which is even better

just a thought...

mark

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
mark

But VBA code can't write itself.:)

Norie,

I know, but I thought you were going to help out as you promised?

I guess i'll just need to sit here knowing that... "aw stick a fork in me"

mark

Am I missing something?:)

Help out where?:eek:

No, I’m only being sarcastic :)
Apart from the fact that all board Regulars have been very helpful with my questions in a timely manner, I think you should all be paid... speaking of which...is there a section on Mr. Excel for paid projects?

(I speak out of jealousy... I'd love to know as much as you peeps about excel. I think I’ll buy a book or two regarding it.)

NO WAY am i going to ask the DON of Excel. MR.Excel... especially when my username is MR. sheet...!!?? I think he rather i figure it out myself...

I wonder how much he will ask to make my life easier at work!!? Think he'll do it for free?

"It's not the problem that posses an issue, its describing the issue that posses the problem"

I should learn the language before asking the questions...correct?

thanks

Actually, the requests end up on my desk. Bill's busy teaching classes, writing books, filming Call for Help.

good quote there - very true of many projects that cross my desk.

As for free... eh - that's what these guys are for!

Thanks, for the link.

I think I ought to stick to the learning curve a little while longer and see what happens...if I "hit the curb", I'll come to you crawling, you'll be the first to know. :)

Plus it would be good practice, and I'll spend less time/money getting my request solid.

Thanks everybody.

Re: I just realised my position can be replaced by a VBA cod

I just realised my position can be replaced by a VBA code
Yes, but can it make coffee? 8-)
Golden tip when making VBA code: be sure that an error creeps in every 3 months or so. The error may not appear too often, because then you are a lousy programmer. And if the error never happens:; you're out of a job...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back