I don't see a way to cancel a post that I changed my mind on

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Several times the act of composing a post has forced me to explain it in a way that even I can understand it. Having solved my own problem, I decide not to post. I don't see any way to cancel it other than closing the browser. Most (many?) boards have a cancel button/

If you mean canceling the saved draft in the editor window, then simply click on the "Delete Draft" command in the Save dropdown button:
1631139047439.png

If you mean canceling the saved draft in the editor window, then simply click on the "Delete Draft" command in the Save dropdown button:
View attachment 46542
I just went to started a new thread and a draft that I had started earlier just before I started this thread showed up. So I tried the Delete Draft command. The post did not disappear. I tried it several times. It's still there. Do I also have to close the browser window?

The Delete Draft command will delete the draft that the application saved the current message as a draft and displays in the editor just in case you’d like to complete your message later (for 24 hours) or you logged out due to session timeout. However, it doesn’t clear the editor box content.

If you click Delete Draft and keep the same window open without clearing the editor box (selecting all, deleting the content or type something else) then it will re-save the existing content as a draft in the next 60 seconds. So, it will be a saved draft again.

Instead of closing the browser, you can refresh the page right after you click to Delete Draft if you don’t prefer to select all and delete. It will make sure the editor and its memory is cleared.

Seems to me like it ought to clear the screen, too. I said "delete". I didn't say "delete unless I don't delete again within 60 seconds".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sukhman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back