HTML probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi joelnichols:

In that case I suggest, you should send a PM to Von Pookie (who wrote the instruction on using the HTMLmaker), or Colo and Ivan (the developers of the HTMLmaker program) to help resolve the problem you are having in being able to use HTMLmaker.

Check out the HTMLMaker FAQ at the top of the Excel Board page. You need to change a setting in Tools | Macros | Security.

Denis

I dont see anything in that post about Macros | security. Also there is no security tab under Tools | Macros.

Sorry, my typo. It's Tools | Macro, then pick the Security item from the menu.
Also, did you go to Tools | Add-ins and check the HTMLMaker box?

Denis

I'm running Excel 97. I went to tools | macro. The only options are "macro.." "record macro" and "VB editor". I did go to add-ins and check the HTML maker box.

Hmmm... It's a while since I used Excel 97 -- I'm on XP.
I'd suggest you take up Yogi's approach of contacting Von Pookie, Ivan or Colo.

Denis

Thanks for trying =). I sent him an email a few hours ago.

joelnichols said:
I'm running Excel 97. I went to tools | macro. The only options are "macro.." "record macro" and "VB editor". I did go to add-ins and check the HTML maker box.
Hi joelnichols:

If you have not activated the use of HTMLmaker as Add-In, please do ...

TOOLS|Add-Ins

and in the dialogBox that pops up, see if you have HTMLmaker n.nn listed. If it is listed make sure that the checkBox to the left of that listing is checked.

If you don't see HTMLmaker listed, click on Browse, then point to the file location where you had extracted the HTMLmaker file.

If you have successfully installed HTMLmaker Add-In and it is activated, you will see a menu item HTML added next to the HELP menu in the main menu bar of your EXCEL application.

I hope this helps!

I've done all the above that you mentioned. According to the instructions the error sounds like it's caused by the "missing" reference but it's not in the boxes listed. There are no references in my list with "missing in it.

Hi joelnichols:

What Operating System you are using?

And have you tried using the HTMLmaker despite the fact that it is throwing out an error. To see if the HTMLmaker is working despite the error ...

select a few rows and columns of data in a worksheet, then click on HTML in the menu bar, and if it does not scream, follow the simple instructions via the dialogBoxes and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back