How to print multiple linked PDF Files from query result?

Ajz1971

Hi There,
I’m not sure if I’m in the right section here? But what I’m looking for is a way to do the following…

I have a query that gives me a list of Linked PDF Files (C:/Policies/Policy1.PDF…. C:/Policies/Policy2.PDF etc…) what I would like to do is be able to print off all documents automatically using VBA code that I can attach to the on click of a button…Is this possible?
confused.png

The query is named 'Staff Query'... The column of linked files is 'Feild2' ....I do not need to view the PDF's, and Adobe PDF reader path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

Thanks in advance for any feedback
wink.png

Whats happening is that I try to reference the 'Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library and it gives me an Error in Loading DLL dialog?
See my "tips for posting" in my signature. You don't say what the error is or it's number so I have no idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Have you got a working sample that I could look at? Really dont want to be taking up more of your time with this little *#'x
The example I posted works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... just out of curiosity! is there a way to take the query results (Linked PDF's Files), combine these files into one pdf and then print it off... I'm thinking this would give the same result and only have acrobat reader open once?...probably wrong? Just thinking out loud :)
Sounds like something you'd have to manually do with Adobe Acrobat (not reader). I seriously doubt vba can do this easily, if at all.

Upvote 0
You'll have to Google that one and see which results appear to be most like your situation. There seems to be a few reasons why this could be, some of which may be related to your OS version (64 / 32 bit). I suppose you could try removing the DAO part of the code and see if it works. I would comment out those lines (so you can keep them handy) and re-write as
Dim db as Database
Dim rs as Recordset
and see if it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deasejm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back