How to create friendly excel popups!

Couldn't you just right click the main folder in Outlook, Click on properties, then Home Page and change the URL there rather than edit the registry?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Some people can, but not if your workplace locks you out!
I can't
Many people that work at bigger companies can't. -There was once a security concern long since past.

The work around is straight from MS and is mentioned in the white paper on the topic

I would replace
Code:
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
with
Code:
.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
to prevent an error from ocurring when you reach the 257th query (assuming that the workbook is saving itself each time... if it isn't, it desn't matter).

Otherwise, it's VERY promising...

Some people can, but not if your workplace locks you out!
I can't
Many people that work at bigger companies can't. -There was once a security concern long since past.

That may be true, but it's hard to see the logic that they would block you from changing your Outlook Today page, but will more than gladly let you edit the registry. ??? :huh:

Laptop access is admin, unless booted from network. -Then admin with some restrictions, but not registry.

Outlook access is pulled from exchange server. -Even with full admin this can not be changed using outlook. -This is based on an old security threat whereby hackers exploit the html to access/control/harm outlook.

And yes, makes no sense, but I wont complain about having too much access in some areas! ;-)

In either case, I think that removing URL to reset the page is easier than remembering the old path correctly :-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back