How to automate email reports from Access

SKV

I have a access database in which I do the following steps.
1. Run query to download data using pass through query
2. Run Macro to clean data
3. Open form and then send emails via VBA coding

Though I have automated sending emails out of Access to different people.

However, I am mwondering if the whole task can be run without my involvement.

So what I want is that my computer should automatically open this db on set schedule (say Mon, Wed, Fri) and run the above steps and finally send email to all the people.

Please advice if this is possible and all guide me how to do it.

Thanks in advance

SKV

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
You need to be able to use the Scheduler in the Control Panel if you have permission to use it. Open your control panel and then double click the Administrator Tools, then Double Click the Task Scheduler, from there you can work the rest out, day of week, etc. The help facility will guide you as well. Your computer will have to be switched on to do the task.

If you don't have permission then you will have to ask you server administrator to do it for you.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am a new user to MS Access 2013, can one of you bright gurus out there help? I have a Table with all the data in it, About 4 queries which extracts the data I require, Reports which formats the data in the required way and macros which automates the process...... Can anyone help me with a simple (like me), step-by-step guide for automating those reports to send, even when I am not around? Your help would be much appreciated. Best regards, Lynton.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Forum,

Is the database on a Network as you are indicating that you want the reports to run even when your not around? In this case you can ask your System Administrator's to run a script to do this for you.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help - yes the database is on the main server, I am hoping that I can have the report emailed to my managers even when I'm not there, on vacation etc.

Welcome to the Forum,

Is the database on a Network as you are indicating that you want the reports to run even when your not around? In this case you can ask your System Administrator's to run a script to do this for you.

Upvote 0
Then I would speak with your system Administrator setting out what you want to happen. If the report is for you manager then your manager should also become involved if the administrator has any concerns.

Upvote 0
Then I would speak with your system Administrator setting out what you want to happen. If the report is for you manager then your manager should also become involved if the administrator has any concerns.

Hmm...... I am the Administrator........!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragananthony7911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back