HOW DO I VIEW FORMULAE IN HTML FILES ON FORUM

Thanks again erik,
Where do I find out about Table-it?

Pedro

Erik,
I tried the following in both IE and Firefox.
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=238344

Was able to scroll on both (whereas previously could not using Firefox) but only on IE could I click on the link as suggested by Kirsty

Perhaps the type of formula may create a problem in Firefox because every time I have tried to use it I have come up with a blank' hence my initial question.

Would be interested to see if the same thing happens to others.

Pedro

The formula in the cell(s) should not have anything to do with it. In the HTML code, it is nothing but simple text.

It's more likely something to do with the combination of javascript the HTML plus how the board and/or browser interprets it. It happens in Firefox (for me, at any rate) with any javascript links posted to the board, not just the HTML Maker examples in posts.

For example, take a look at this thread in the "test" forum and try some of the links there:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=232463

I had the same issues with links in that thread as I do with the HTML Maker posts. I just have no idea on how to test for or fix the issue--though admittedly I've never really researched it to date.

Kristy,
This is what I got when I clicked on a link in the sheet

Not Found
The requested URL /board2/Object_Group: was not found on this server.

Erik,
Table-it is the way to go , beats manually recording formula .

Pedero

Kristy,
This is what I got when I clicked on a link in the sheet

Not Found
The requested URL /board2/Object_Group: was not found on this server.

Do you have the NoScript extention installed in Firefox? You will get that 404 error when clicking on any javascript link if javascript is not enabled (as I learned on the thread I linked to in my last post when I had forgotten it was turned off). If the javascript is disabled, the browser thinks the link is from the same site--which is why you were getting a MrExcel 404.

For the HTML Maker, you would need to allow javascript from Colo's site (interq.or.jp), though doing so would not fix the issue with the formula not updating.

For the HTML Maker, you would need to allow javascript from Colo's site (interq.or.jp), though doing so would not fix the issue with the formula not updating.

Kristy,
You are right , once I permitted Script for Mr Excel I was able to view formula using Firefox.
I was able to use both the scroll bit and also the link to see formula.

What did you mean by

though doing so would not fix the issue with the formula not updating

The test I did was on this thread
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=238344

Pedro

What did you mean by
though doing so would not fix the issue with the formula not updating

Well, for me, it doesn't work. Even at home where I do not even have NoScript installed nor am I blocking anything that should affect it. Unless one of my extentions or a Greasemonkey script is affecting it somehow and in that case I have no idea. I've never bothered trying to find the cause of the issue before.

From my experience, I wasn't expecting the issue to fix for you completely from simply allowing the javascript but if it did, hooray! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back