Highlight Active row

With the above mentioned CF process, you can add a checkbox to toggle on/off no problem...so that's not an issue.

I feel reluctant to ask users to download add-ins, let alone asking them to "use" them. Using one or two CF slots sure is a drawback, but it is certainly not the end of the world. I think you just need to take it project by project...not all projects use even one CF slot...others you have to resort to VBA. I will probably download and use the link you mentioned, but I doubt I'd sent it to other users and tell them, "If you want your workbook to work correctly then you need to download this or that...". The ONLY time I'd do that is if they want to convert XLS to PDF...in which case I'll have them download the free PDF Creator...but I'd always clear with them first.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
...I feel reluctant to ask users to download add-ins, let alone asking them to "use" them. Using one or two CF slots sure is a drawback, but it is certainly not the end of the world. I think you just need to take it project by project...not all projects use even one CF slot...others you have to resort to VBA. I will probably download and use the link you mentioned, but I doubt I'd sent it to other users and tell them, "If you want your workbook to work correctly then you need to download this or that...". The ONLY time I'd do that is if they want to convert XLS to PDF...
~ExcelChampion

:huh: Okay... so when a co-worker sees that I have the ability to drop a crosshairs onto a worksheet when we're over at my desk looking at a big workbook and she says "oh, cool, how do you do that?! I'd love to be able to do that on several spreadsheets that I get from our key accounts." Yer a thinkin' I oughter say "well, you could just hop out to the internet & download this add-in and voilá. But I wouldn't recommend that. You're much better off learning how to program all sorts of fancy conditional formatting hocus pocus and go in and add all sorts of code to each account's workbook as it comes in each month."? Okey-dokey... maybe I'm just a sadist... but I'm just gonna continue to recommend the add-in thing to my co-workers and not try to go the "easy" route of recommending they become skilled VBA programmers... :wink:

I wasn't referring to recommendations. I was referring to building applications for others. I do not feel comfortable building apps that require the user to download an add-in. In your scenario above, I would certainly do the same thing. But if I'm building something that may be shared or used on several different PCs, and I had to make sure that each PC had the add-in AND that each user knew how to load and use the add-in...I think I'll pass. Better to just build your apps with native Excel functions.

...I do not feel comfortable building apps that require the user to download an add-in....

Agreed. I shied away from using formulae that took advantage of anything in MoreFunc for years for the same reason. I understand that one can now include MoreFunc inside the project so it does not have to be downloaded as a separate add-in; though I confess, I've not yet needed to cross that bridge.

Chip's Rowliner disables the undo feature. Not good.

I wished there was a way to highlight the active cell and not disable things line undo, copy paste, or conditional formatting. I would like this to be from the personal vba file so it will work with any work sheets I amy open.

I have tried many different codes from here and I can not get them to work.

Chip's Rowliner disables the undo feature. Not good.
Chip is a *******jack programmer of the first order. If there was a way to keep from clearing the Undo stack, believe, Chip would know it. Almost any macro that does almost anything will clear the Undo stack. The problem is things you do via VBA do not ADD to the Undo stack. So Excel cannot UNDO anymore - to do so would wreak untold havoc.

I wished there was a way to highlight the active cell and not disable things line undo, copy paste, or conditional formatting.
:confused: You can still copy and paste and apply conditional formats with Chip's add-in. That's one of the reasons why I like it.

Thanks for your quick response.

I have just started a new position with my company and I am doing lots of things with excel that I have not done before.

I'm trying to find some things to help me out. Unfortunatly I need to be able to use the undo function so I guess I am out of luck. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozdemr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back