Hiding columns and sheets based on combo-box values

PatrickW

Hi, all

As a VBA incompetent, I'm butting up against problems that I can see a logical solution to, but that I have no idea how to code, and I would very much appreciate assistance if possible.

I have an activeX combo-box that selects from different pieces of equipment that we supply. Based on that selection, I require ranges from the same page that the combo-box is on to either hide or unhide. Also, I require different tabs to become visible or hidden based on that same selection. So far so good - I have code that does this, and it appears to work without glitch.

Where the problem arises, is in one of the ranges that is unhidden when a particular piece of equipment is selected there is another combo-box that I would like to use (the number of said pieces of equipment to supply) to further hide/unhide additional ranges on the same page, and also hide/unhide certain tabs as well.

When I make a selection from combo-box 1, all works as planned, but when I change the state of combo-box 2, even with no associated coding referring to it, I cannot change combo-box 1 again without getting Error 1004 "Unable to get the Hidden property of the range class".

None of the sheets in the workbook are protected.

I would sincerely appreciate any help/code that could circumvent this error.

Regards

PatrickW

Excellent! Both suggestions work perfectly.

The use of a nested Select Case statement with all of the names of the worksheets was much more concise than those nested ifs.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back