here is something odd

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Might just be coincidence, but I ahve read that Excel can try to use the root of the MyDocuments drive to create temp file when copying sheets. If you don't have access rights to the root (as is often the case with a network location), it fails with an error like the one you described. Of course it may also simply be a sign of corruption. If it's just one sheet having the issue, try copying all the cells to a newly inserted one and see if that fixes it. If so, it's probably worth thinking about creating a new copy of the workbook!

Thanks Rory - copying the cells to a newly added sheet removed the problem. I am going to recreate the wb I think (it's a horrible wb in any case - one that I didn't set up I might add ;-)).

I am astounded once again by your Excel knowledge - you are an Excel God among men!

that should be enough fawning for at least the first two pints on you on Thursday!

Unfortunately, my aged eyesight cannot clearly make out what I assume to be words in some horrible green font at the bottom of your last post. Perhaps you can elaborate as you get the first round in on Thursday? :)

In XLM:
=GET.BAR(2,"Order",2)

Here's an odd one, I've only encountered for the first time today.

1. Take a few cells and merge them.
2. Create an array formula and press the ctrl-shift-enter

This gives me a "Array formulaas are not valid in merged cells" error.

Now.:-)
1. Create an array formula in a cell.
2. Highlight the formula cell, and a few others and press the merge button.

WHAT????I thought arrary formulas were not allowed in merged cells:-)

Cal

They're not, but clearly merged cells are allowed in array formulas. ;) Of course if you try and edit it, then you're putting an array formula in a merged cell...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back