Help with Data Query

Crosby87

Hi All,

I am re-familiarising myself with access after a few years absence and i am struggling with a data query.

I am trying to analyse some benefits data for my employees but i have a couple of issues.

All of my imported data has come in "single lines" whereby each employee has an individual line for each of their benefits, as opposed to one with all their benefits.

is it possible to write a query that will allow me to do this?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
All of my imported data has come in "single lines" whereby each employee has an individual line for each of their benefits, as opposed to one with all their benefits.
That is actually how it should be in a normalized database.

If you want to display it all on a single line, there are a few ways to try and go about this:
1. Try using a Cross-Tab Query (you can Google "Access cross-tab query tutorial", if you are not familiar with this).
- or -
2. If you do not have a table that lists each member exactly once, create a query that lists each member exactly once. Then create a separate query for each benefit. Then create another query which links each benefit query to your member table/query and returns all the benefits in the order that you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samwalrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back