Help me help you guys!

Threads have ratings?:)

One more question,Why is the forum rating any thread I post in it with 5 starts even if I just asked a question?
Although before I post I make sure that the "Rate this thread" check box is unchecked!
The "out-of-the-box" software has some features which have little meaning to this environment ("Likes" is another one).
I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't really mean much, and most of us don't pay any attention to it.
Some of these features have not been shut off because some of that requires customization, and customization can cause problems during upgrades.

The "out-of-the-box" software has some features which have little meaning to this environment ("Likes" is another one).
I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't really mean much, and most of us don't pay any attention to it.
Some of these features have not been shut off because some of that requires customization, and customization can cause problems during upgrades.
I already know that the rating means nothing at all,but I'm just curios why is this happening?
Thanx for posting. :)
ZAX

Anyone can rate a thread (doesn't have to be the person who started it). So somebody went to this thread and rated it.

Anyone can rate a thread (doesn't have to be the person who started it). So somebody went to this thread and rated it.
I think I mentioned that EVERY thread I post in is rated as Excellent!
Thanx for your help. :)
ZAX

... before I post I make sure that the "Rate this thread" check box is unchecked!
Do you physically have to uncheck it? That is, is that box checked by default? It isn't for me and I can't see where it is possible to set that default.

I think I mentioned that EVERY thread I post in is rated as Excellent!
That is not so. Here are two recent threads you have posted to that have no rating:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/700917-visual-basic-applications-code-find-replace.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/700907-copy-data-other-sheet-based-reference-macro.html

A long-shot but: Is it possible a work colleague of yours is playing a prank and looking for your threads and rating them?

Last edited:
Actually,After Norie helped me post in the default mode,this option no longer appears and the threads aren't rated any more. (Notice that these two threads you mentioned are replied by me AFTER Norie helped me!)
And no,I don't uncheck it manually,I just check that it's unchecked!
This option appears when you post in the mobile default style.

BTW,For the long-shot,I'm only 14 years old!

Thanx for the reply,I thought no body would help after I've mentioned that this question is just because I'm curios. :biggrin:

ZAX

Last edited:
(Notice that these two threads you mentioned are replied by me AFTER Norie helped me!)
Ah, fair enough. Sounds like it's all sorted then. Am I right in thinking you've ended up with this?
Style: Use Forum Default
Message Editor Interface: Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

BTW,For the long-shot,I'm only 14 years old!
:LOL: Well, it was a long shot!!
As you can see, I'm much more toward the other end of the age spectrum. :(

Ah, fair enough. Sounds like it's all sorted then. Am I right in thinking you've ended up with this?
Style: Use Forum Default
Message Editor Interface: Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
The style, well, I was using the ( --vb4 default style) but after reading your post I changed it to (Use Forum Default) and nothing changed for me at all!
And as for the Message Editor Interface, Both Extra formatting controls and Simple text box worked for me, Whereas the Standard Editor caused the thread.
Thank you all for your posts,that was very helpful. :)
ZAX

For some humor,See "Funny jokes folks" post in Lounge v.2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back