Help creating a formula

Newbie73

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I would like to automate something with a formula if possible. I've attached a dummy spreadsheet as an example:

Example2.xlsx

In Column B, we have different values but most of them will repeat themselves several times (this is okay and I want to count them all). Column K will only be either "R", "IR" or "Clear" and then Column L a range of dates that can be different days, months or years.

My goal is to automate a kind of table like the one I've done manually for this small example. The original spreadsheet has thousands of values, and I will like to know the total of values that occur between 01/04 (first of April, regardless of the year) and 31/08 (regardless of the year), and then from this total how many values have the value "R", how many have the value "IR" and how many have the value "Clear" from column B.

The same as above for a second interval in time which is the rest of the year, from 01/09 (first of September) and 30/03.

Thank you in advance and please do let me know if I haven't explained myself correctly or if you need any more information to be able to help me.

Thank you for your reply, I'm well over my head with excel as it is, learning how to use SQL would be ideal also because it's more efficient when running in big data sheets, just don't think I have the time or brain to embark on that adventure for now 😕
☺️You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back