Happy Birthday to us! Happy Birthday to us! ...

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
<h3>Oaktree and I are both turning five!!!</h3>
'twas five years ago today that I posted here for the first time. My first post was actually to answer someone's question. My second post however, was a question. I asked "what are class modules"? I am happy to say that over the course of the last five years, by virtue of participating here, reading elsewhere and reading stuff written by folks like Tushar, I have become quite comfortable with class modules.

That first day I posted three times and then lurked on and off for seven months. Looking back, I see that it took me sixteen months to get to ten posts!

The very next day, 20th of June 2002, another fellow joined the forum. This chap had a nice solid-sounding name that inspires confidence -- "Oaktree". Looks like he was rolling up his sleeves and trying his hand at a bit of VBA.

And, like myself, it seems Matt took his time getting addicted to Mr Excel for it took him twenty-six months to get his first ten posts.

But we've made up for lost time. Of the 112 people that joined the forum on the 19th & 20th of June in 2002, together he and I are leading 11,992 posts versus 2,969 posts for the combined other 110 members! :-D

In those five years I've made some wonderful online friends. And I wish I had the time to stop by more often these days, *sigh*.

So, Mr. Van Geit, if you'll key up the piano please...

"Happy Birthday to me and Oaktree,
Happy Birthday to me and Oaktree..."

Now that we're five... kindergarten here we come! :outtahere:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Sorry Erik, had to edit it. Not sure what you were trying to do, but it was affecting page display.

Looks like you had a bunch of closing HTML tags, but no matching opening ones?

Thanks, Kristy!!

It was OK when posted - at least on my screen - but I was afraid it would affect the next posts, so I was going to keep an eye on this one anyway.

Greg & Matt,
here is the summary of my previous post :lol:

<font style="background: url(http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4327/sparklebi4.gif)" face=Courier New size=+1 color=blue>!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!</font>

Has it been that long that I've known you two already? :eg:

Yippee!!! :lol:

Smitty

Hau`oli la hanau Greg and Oaktree! :beerchug:

Although I feel a little offended that you haven't highjacked any on the threads I started or answered in the last five years! :lol:

I have a feeling you'll live to regret those words, Brian. As though Truby needed *incentive* to hijack threads, you've thrown some gasoline on the fire. :warning: :lol:

...Although I feel a little offended that you haven't highjacked any on the threads I started or answered in the last five years! :lol:

* d o n e * :wink:

Although I feel a little offended that you haven't highjacked any on the threads I started or answered in the last five years!

You just HAD to go and give him a reason didn'tcha, Brian.

Well, at least you kept him amused for a bit. ;)

Smitty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back