Getting rid of zeros in a column of a table

Mojo1

Board Regular
I have an Access table that has zeros in the column. Is there a way if a record has a zero for a specific column to make it blank rather than have a zero in it?

Used the code and it worked before

I used the code you supplied and it work in the update queries I ran, just with this last one it did not. Can you suggest how to eliminate the zero's beside deleting each one for every record?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Examples of Data

Sorry I am confused as to what question you were answering. Was concerning the zero elimination or archive file creation?

Upvote 0
To the eliminate question...

And yes, what do you want to archive? Are you saying you want to duplicate data or store it in another database?

Upvote 0
Examples

DEC_ITM_NUM

This is an example of the zero elimination dilemma. I want to leave the 1.016 and 2.2 figures but get rid of the zeros.

Archive question:

If you delete a record from a table it is moved to another table to you still have it, but it is not in the table with the current records.

Upvote 0
If you create a query, add the "*" for all the fields, change the query type to a Delete query and add the Filed containing the 0, then all you have to do is add a "0" in the criteria field for the field containing the "0" and run the query. All data containing a 0 will be deleted from the query.

If you still have questions, can you post a copy of your db?

Upvote 0
Format field??

just format the field
0.0;-0.0;

This was the last suggestion given to me to get rid of zeros in a field column. I went into design view of the table and selected the field I wanted and changed the format of the field to this and it did not make a difference. Any suugestions??

Upvote 0
Re: Format field??

Mojo1 said:
just format the field
0.0;-0.0;

This was the last suggestion given to me to get rid of zeros in a field column. I went into design view of the table and selected the field I wanted and changed the format of the field to this and it did not make a difference. Any suugestions??
===
sorry.
format the field: 0.0;-0.0;""
this not the only way. you can use more combinations, but remember to put "" in the third argument ot something else
example:
#,##0.00;-#,##0.00;"---"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddweller151

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back