Funny Shockwave/Flash Stuff, etc.

pennysaver said:
P.S.If anyone has websense blocking them from their games category you’re probably out of luck on this one like I am when I’m at work. You’d think they actually expect me to be productive when I’m here
WebNON-Sense! :huh:

That's about as much a PIECE OF CRAP as Lotus Not(s), Version SUCKS.5.

Smitty

(Hmmm...So how do I really feel? ;))

We've got WebSense here too. I've had that *&^% thing block legit sites I needed to see for work info (probably because there was one word it didn't like).
But it won't block frickin' eBay! We really need that here at work! :x

:roll:

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Tazguy37 said:
But it won't block frickin' eBay! We really need that here at work! :x
:roll:

Well that's not strictly true. It could block ebay, it just depends what packages have been chosen by whoever the admin is for your proxy server. Ours blocks ebay. It never used to block googles cached pages which was handy but now it does. I think it must work a bit like the spam filters you get where it's spiders check pages more if they're visited by more people because I've had loads of sites which were fine and then suddenly they get added to their block list when they become more popular. That's just a guess of course and also completely off topic but there you go.

And if anyone has any handy tips for circumventing websense (and yes I know it's there for a reason and the company wouldn't be over the moon if I did get round it but I'll live) then please share.

Nick

We used to have Surf Control blocking our access. It was always fun going to the MSNBC web, only to be blocked by surf control. I eventully figured out, that everytime **** Cheney was in the news, that's when it was blocked.

:-) :o

I remember having fun with the "naked.swf" would send and comment "Before you play this turn the sound up load.... there is a cool tune in the background, but you have to really strain to hear it"..my brother-in-law who was wearing head phones at the time he got it, sent back... "God forgive ya wee sh*T Because I never will"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back