Fun: Longest Macro

Well, that's easy enough to remedy. Just convince management that all of the users of your application need to upgrade to 2010 and that they need to give you the time to make the additional customizations. [However I asked Andy & he said that he hasn't yet had the time to make his tool handle the new stuff for XL2010 :cry:]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee691832.aspx

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Umm,yeah, we got upgraded to Excel 2007 in summer 2009. I expect to be upgraded to 2010 no sooner than 2012.

Umm,yeah, we got upgraded to Excel 2007 in summer 2009. I expect to be upgraded to 2010 no sooner than 2012.

Hey - the jar of blueberry preserves is half-full my friend, not half-empty. By then there's a good chance Andy will have the 2010 stuff built into his tool. [to self: when am I gonna learn to quit making food references here - every time I do, I want a snack...] :hungry:

Pro: Andy's tool will be updated.
Con: I won't remember what functions I once had on teh context menu.

Imagine locking down each and every aspect of the user instraface with Excel, then exposing selected interfaces through your own front end. Re-write File-> Opne, and File->Save, as well as Copy, Paste, and everything in-between. It's very daunting, but when done carefully, it can actually SAVE you a bunch of work.

Sounds like the old system I worked on years ago, whenever it broke it asked you to restart Excel and I never knew why ;)
Although if that is the case why they couldn't get it to communicate with another Excel spreadsheet for customer documents I'll never know (or the other way round)

You shouldn't go over 64K in a code module.

Apologies for dragging this thread back a couple of days but, as someone who is still learning the basics of VBA, I don't know how to work out the size of a code module. Is there an easy way to do this ? Thanks in advance.

Export it as a text file, or I think some of the code documenters will tell you.

OK thanks Rory, I can do the export to text file bit. I'm sorry for being thick on this, but will the size of the text file be (roughly) the same as what Excel thinks it is, in respect of Greg's 64k figure ?

Yes, should be near enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saviour198

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back